DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DroneWrap.Shop Mavic Wraps!

It has bigger landing gear but you missed the other part of my comment that Phantoms are hard to see because they are WHITE and HARD TO SEE IN OVERCAST CONDITIONS... And when you have your goggles you'll need a spotter or you'll not be flying within line of sight.
The bottom of the Magic is silver and the bottom of the phantom is white. So which is harder to see?

It seems that you might be unsure about your own piloting skills?
Should you really be flying?

So I have a few flights in from changing the skin from OD green to gloss white. The white seems slightly less visible in the air but probably more visible closer to the ground. This could all be a placebo effect.

If I had a sky blue skin to try out perhaps it would be even less visible on a clear day.

I imagine it would have pro's and Con's based on the back drop of the weather conditions

The bottom of the Magic is silver and the bottom of the phantom is white. So which is harder to see?

It seems that you might be unsure about your own piloting skills?
Should you really be flying?
Whats with your condescending attitude? No ones afraid to fly here. You wont always see the bottom of the Mavic...

As far as the whole stupid argument about the speed limit, I was just saying the Mavic would be hard to see if you are flying line of sight. And as I said in a previous comment, you can do what you want. I don't really care I was just stating that it could be harder to see. And im not your "friend" so knock it off.

Reactions: mavic6611
Whats with your condescending attitude? No ones afraid to fly here. You wont always see the bottom of the Mavic...

As far as the whole stupid argument about the speed limit, I was just saying the Mavic would be hard to see if you are flying line of sight. And as I said in a previous comment, you can do what you want. I don't really care I was just stating that it could be harder to see. And im not your "friend" so knock it off.
What's with all the hostility? RELAX!
It was just a question, if you think answering it would make you look slightly hypocritical then I appreciate your reluctance. But please don't let your ego avoid the facts, that's just silly.

What's with all the hostility? RELAX!
It was just a question, if you think answering it would make you look slightly hypocritical then I appreciate your reluctance. But please don't let your ego avoid the facts, that's just silly.
Whats with your attitude? I don't have an ego and im not avoiding anything. Just because someone has an opinion you have to start to imply that im an inexperienced flier? I'm just stating my experience with White drones, they do get hard to see after a few hundred feet and even harder to see in overcast conditions, Therefore making it difficult to see while flying line of sight, the whole telemetry B.S argument is invalid if you are flying by the rule of law. Trying to tell me that if I speed i'm hypocritical is another shot at trying to insult me but the fact of the matter is i'm just explaining line of sight flying and if you cared about it, Either way it doesn't bother me.

Reactions: mavic6611
Whats with your attitude? I don't have an ego and im not avoiding anything. Just because someone has an opinion you have to start to imply that im an inexperienced flier? I'm just stating my experience with White drones, they do get hard to see after a few hundred feet and even harder to see in overcast conditions, Therefore making it difficult to see while flying line of sight, the whole telemetry B.S argument is invalid if you are flying by the rule of law. Trying to tell me that if I speed i'm hypocritical is another shot at trying to insult me but the fact of the matter is i'm just explaining line of sight flying and if you cared about it, Either way it doesn't bother me.
You've avoided the question by not answering it. I never "implied" you're an inexperienced flier, I simply asked. "The telemetry argument " isn't BS as it can be used VLS or beyond VLS.
RULE OF LAW? Its not LAW, it's simply legislation. There is a big difference and you will need to research it before you make statements like that.
You can't spout off a moral obligation for people to follow rules if you endanger lives by speeding in your car, therefore that point is absolutely relevant unless you can give reason why its not? But as you won't even answer my question I can only assume you break the rules from time to time too, which I'm afraid makes you a hypocrite whether you like it or not. And you started with the negatively to the O.P by making a comment "YOU DO IF YOU WANT TO STAY LEGAL"! Why say that to a guy who is simply putting a nice picture up of his Mavic that he's taken the time to make look nice and is proud of! Then you come along and get all negative. Then I express my opinion and you don't like it so you start biting, but according to YOU we're all entitled to our opinion! More hypocrisy.

Stop being bitter and let people feel happy and proud without throwing your little awe of negativity in the mix [emoji106]

Reactions: DSGDSG
You've avoided the question by not answering it. I never "implied" you're an inexperienced flier, I simply asked. "The telemetry argument " isn't BS as it can be used VLS or beyond VLS.
RULE OF LAW? Its not LAW, it's simply legislation. There is a big difference and you will need to research it before you make statements like that.
You can't spout off a moral obligation for people to follow rules if you endanger lives by speeding in your car, therefore that point is absolutely relevant unless you can give reason why its not? But as you won't even answer my question I can only assume you break the rules from time to time too, which I'm afraid makes you a hypocrite whether you like it or not. And you started with the negatively to the O.P by making a comment "YOU DO IF YOU WANT TO STAY LEGAL"! Why say that to a guy who is simply putting a nice picture up of his Mavic that he's taken the time to make look nice and is proud of! Then you come along and get all negative. Then I express my opinion and you don't like it so you start biting, but according to YOU we're all entitled to our opinion! More hypocrisy.

Stop being bitter and let people feel happy and proud without throwing your little awe of negativity in the mix [emoji106]
Lol look at you.. Having a go at a random guy on the internet for having an opinion. Calm down and don't get your "knickers in a twist". If you can't handle that someone has a differing opinion than you, then you might want to get off the internet. I'm not being negative, just stating my opinion on why I wouldn't do it, i'm sorry you can't handle that in your closed minded way of thinking, And yes we are all entitled to our opinions so relax and let people have their opinions on a forum where people discuss and voice their opinions, I know its a foreign way of thinking. I've answered you're question, i'm sorry you can't accept it like you can't accept other peoples views.

Haha, I loved the beginning of your speech, you're actually coming across like you're really wound up! Chill man! I guess you're upset as your opinion has become flawed from being clearly hypocritical. What you said was negative my friend. Usually people with your negativity tend to be unhappy with themselves.. Are you unhappy with yourself? If you are then don't be, stop beating yourself up.
When you say "European " who exactly is European?

Hmm?? I'm still looking for the part where you answered my question regarding do/ have you broke the speeding legislation in your vehicle?!
Can you point me to which # post it is please? Failing that I'll assume you can't because contrary to what you said, you actually never gave a specific answer to my extremely relevant question.

Lol look at you.. Having a go at a random guy on the internet for having an opinion. Calm down and don't get your "knickers in a twist". If you can't handle that someone has a differing opinion than you, then you might want to get off the internet. I'm not being negative, just stating my opinion on why I wouldn't do it, i'm sorry you can't handle that in your closed minded way of thinking, And yes we are all entitled to our opinions so relax and let people have their opinions on a forum where people discuss and voice their opinions, I know its a foreign way of thinking. I've answered you're question, i'm sorry you can't accept it like you can't accept other peoples views.
Haha, I loved the beginning of your speech, you're actually coming across like you're really wound up! Chill man! I guess you're upset as your opinion has become flawed from being clearly hypocritical. What you said was negative my friend. Usually people with your negativity tend to be unhappy with themselves.. Are you unhappy with yourself? If you are then don't be, stop beating yourself up.
When you say "European " who exactly is European?

Hmm?? I'm still looking for the part where you answered my question regarding do/ have you broke the speeding legislation in your vehicle?!
Can you point me to which # post it is please? Failing that I'll assume you can't because contrary to what you said, you actually never gave a specific answer to my extremely relevant question.

A question to the OP - do you get a wrap for the controller also ? couldnt see one anywhere.

Lol im not the OP but dronewrap doesnt include a wrap for the controller. I still have my OD green decalgirl wrap on my controller and batteries. The white body with OD green and multicam batteries is the shizzle, slaying, cool/hot or whatever the kids are saying these days....

Reactions: Clinton1
Lol im not the OP but dronewrap doesnt include a wrap for the controller. I still have my OD green decalgirl wrap on my controller and batteries. The white body with OD green and multicam batteries is the shizzle, slaying, cool/hot or whatever the kids are saying these days....

Have pics?

I don't think the kids ever said "Shizzle"... I think Snoop said that once when he was super high on MTV in 1994 and it's been famous every since.

Well for those interested I finally took the plunge and wrapped my Mavic in Stealth White from DroneWrap.shop a company based in Japan.

This has to be the most expensive kit on the market, for the Mavic and one battery was $59 and $16 for two more batteries and another $16 for another two batteries! All in with shipping nearly $100!!!!!

After I got over the sticker shock, the product came Fast from Japan, and came incredibly packaged in a leather type wrapped architecture plan Tube!

I realized a few things... Drone Wrap has made a kit that covers 95% of the Mavic! Very minimal seams and lines. Unlike Decal Girl etc. it covers every detail.

I also realized that the 3M Vinyl is thinner than most on the market and is extremely forgiving, it also lays super flat and I never pulled a hair dryer one time. Just pressed it into place and it stayed... if I needed to pull it up I could easily and push it back down again.

All in all, the prices are horrible. But I realize why... it's simply the highest quality, thinnest, and most covering Vinyl on the market for a Mavic.

I went with white to combat the heat of the sun, and to also match my goggles when the come!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!
GooniesNeverDie!

be3d408a749200b80c306afc0a0e64bc.jpg
b6f290ba903d03471476bf0b7890e592.jpg
I've been debating ordering from them in this exact same color but couldn't find enough reviews outside of the cool video the company did! I owe you one my friend as this has made up my mind. Absolutely stunning!!

Reactions: GooniesNeverDie
Have pics?

I don't think the kids ever said "Shizzle"... I think Snoop said that once when he was super high on MTV in 1994 and it's been famous every since.

Have pics?

20170520_105258.jpg

The multicam battery skin looks better with the white IMO

Attachments

• 20170520_105258.jpg
    20170520_105258.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 74
I've been debating ordering from them in this exact same color but couldn't find enough reviews outside of the cool video the company did! I owe you one my friend as this has made up my mind. Absolutely stunning!!

One cool thing about the skin is if you misapply a piece and you dont want to pull it up you can cut little small pieces from the leftover from the excess. I poorly applied a section on the back and cut a very small and narrow strip to fill it in. Barely noticeable.

The Mavic should be white like the Phantom series. It should make it run cooler in the bright sun!

www.drone.wrap.shop and you too can have the top of the line wrap!

Some say this is just a sticker on my Mavic, well I think that's what other wraps are... this is a complete transformation!

Beautiful wrap and I really appreciate all your pictures. Only problem is the link you posted: when I click on it, Safari comes back with a cannot find that server.

Found it - DRONE-WRAP

Again - Thank you!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest