DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dynamic home point on Mavic?

Reactions
Sorry if this was mentioned in another thread but I cannot seem to find the answer. My inspire one has A dynamic home point that changes based upon the location of the controller. I am wondering if the Mavic can use the iPhone's GPS to set a dynamic home point?

I am wondering if the Mavic can use the iPhone's GPS to set a dynamic home point?
While the Mavic is able to use data from the GPS receiver in your mobile device, there is no dynamic home point feature in DJI GO. You can only manually reset the home point to your current location.

Is it possible to launch from and land on a boat? Of course I'm guessing the boat would have to be stationary for take off and landing, but you could either manually fly it back to the boat or reset home to the new boat position for landing. I guess the trouble with this is, that if you lose signal during the flight, you better recover control before the drone lands where the original home was. Is this just foolish or do people do this?

Reactions: nogo
When flying from a boat, you could change the "Main Controller Settings " --> "Advanced Settings" --> "Remote Controller Signal Lost" setting to "Hover". That'll tell your Mavic to hover in place until the remote controller reconnects -- or the battery reaches the critically low level and it auto lands at its current location. With that setting in place, you'd probably be able to regain the signal by turning the boat around and heading back toward your Mavic.

Reactions: Chris M
Sorry if this was mentioned in another thread but I cannot seem to find the answer. My inspire one has A dynamic home point that changes based upon the location of the controller. I am wondering if the Mavic can use the iPhone's GPS to set a dynamic home point?
The Lithci app supported dynamic home points well. Once Litchi do the update to support Mr.Mavic you'll be sure my DJI GO app will be sent to the recycle bin forever.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143