DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing 4K 30 fps Mavic Pro video on iPhone 7 - possible?

caljones

Reactions
This is first question in a drone forum! newbie with zero credentials...any guidance is highly appreciated. Tried reading various threads, but couldn't find this being discussed.Mavic.jpg

I have got used to using iMovie on my phone while on the flight to create a crisp video to share on Facebook. With a busy life, I rarely find time to sit at my Macbook Pro at home and do the editing. But, I am unable to do the same with the Mavic Pro 4K 30 fps videos (.mov container).

I purchased the SD card to Lightning adapter for my iPhone 7 and am able to copy the files in the Photo library. I have read that the iOS Photo App cannot play this content. When I try to add these videos to a project in iMovie, the files are shown with a "cloud" icon indicating that they need to be downloaded from the cloud. On other threads I have read that it works fine on iPad (I should try that, but that is not a solution for me as I would have to carry my iPad when I travel).

Any suggestions or alternate app solution on iPhone?

Sorry mate I'm in the same boat, I've tried with my iPhone 6s via the sd to lightning adapter with no success the videos just constantly spin and are unable to play in iPhoto and also read on this forum that the iPhone doesn't have the capacity to play the 4k content/FPS rate higher than 27. Its odd because I am able to transfer and play shorter videos with the DJI GO4 app. Only work around I have found is to transfer to iMovie on my Mac but like you said that is a pain and kinda defeats the portability of the Mavic and ends up reducing the quality of the video. I'm in the same boat as you and would to know if there is any way to get the 4k content on my iPhone for editing or posting, and if not is it just more advisable to record at 1080p for ease of transfer.

Any solution to this yet? I have found a guy on YouTube that seems to have it figured out. He imports to library, then into iMovie and edits, then can export the file as 4K and view on phone no problems.

Ive imported to iMovie as well but have to let iMovie reduce the quality for viewing on the phone or my computer. I have found an app that you can open while your phone is connected to the RC called Sync for DJI and you can download the video and pictures straight from the SD card to your phone but again I think it reformats and reduces the size but at least it lets you get all the footage straight away without the hassle.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty