DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing Software Options

Reactions
Hi there. Now I've started to obtain some decent footage from my Mavic, I'd like to start editing it so I can put it 'out there.'

What are the best options when it comes to editing footage, cleaning it up, adding music, titles and the like?

I guess that Photoshop is still the way to go when it comes to still shots, right?

I missed this thread a few days ago when and just went through the same question myself. After a lot of searching and testing, I had resolved on OpenShot - until I could not get it work without crashing... I ended up then with ShotCut, and its a very full on editor and have been working through many of the features the last few days. So far I do like that it is a real full blown fully functional and fully free platform, with no ads or limitations. There is also plenty of youtube help videos that I have been studying the last few days too and have just completed my first video edit. Hey its not fantastic but I am pretty happy with the results. It did take a few exports to get it right, like not paying attention to the export frame rate (make sure it matches the original), setting the quality level, setting the codec, working out how to do transitions, built myself a lead in/intro etc etc.. It's still uploading to youtube at the moment but will get it up in here shortly.

I also mentioned all this as Shotcut is not mentioned on that list of editors??

I'm using AE from Adobe and in my opinion is one of the best. You can give it a try.

Yeah a lot of stuff is done via the filters. Colour balance, transitions, volume enhancements etc. Plenty of videos on how to do the texts over too.

Starter:
Open Shotcut, using the row of buttons across the top click the Favourites icon which will open a window on the left. Add your videos and audio tracks into there.
Double click one to open it into the editing window centre screen. It will be jerky playback but it's just very low quality to allow low power computers to be able to use it. Use the play controls to start and pause, to select a section click I to set the In marker and O to set the out marker. Click on the video and drag to the timeline at the bottom (if it's not showing hit the timeline button at the top).
That's your starting point!

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost