DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing software

TapSnap

Reactions
What editing software does everyone use. I am very new to drones and editing video and been watching every video I can on drones and the Mavic I can find. My next step is editing software.

I'm going to Iceland in June and want to take amazing videos and pictures. So trying to learn everything I can till then.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

You can find a list of commonly used video editing software here.

What editing software does everyone use. I am very new to drones and editing video and been watching every video I can on drones and the Mavic I can find. My next step is editing software.

I'm going to Iceland in June and want to take amazing videos and pictures. So trying to learn everything I can till then.

I'm relatively new to video editing myself. I landed with Adobe Premier Elements 14. I think 15 is now out. Very easy to use and has lots of features. A little pricey but it was easy to use. Plenty of free ones out there if you. some of my Real Estate Videos I created in the past couple of months with it john kerrins - YouTube

Reactions: TapSnap

You could also try using the DJI Go app to edit movies. I haven't used it because I'm already using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro...but I've heard the Go app is less intimidating...especially for first-time video editors.

Isn't GoPro's editing program free? Might be worth messing with.

You can find a list of commonly used video editing software here.

what about Power Director by Cyberlink ?why It's not on that list ?

I just downloaded it , so not ready for a review but it seems very popular for 4K

what about Power Director by Cyberlink ?why It's not on that list ?
My list contains commonly used software. If people are not often recommending the apps, they never make it to my list. Let us know how you like it.

Adobe premiere pro if you really want to maximize your videos potential, but it was just too expensive for me. So I just use now my trusty old premiere elements.

Reactions: Lt Shanks
$16/month right now for the whole adobe suite if you're a student

$40/month everything otherwise or I think it's $15 a month for just that one program

I think I was paying 30/month. Still adds up over time, heck I don't even have cable lol. I gotta save money to sponsor my favorite charity, DJI. LOL

Yeah it's annoying to have the monthly stuff like that.. I'm sure that's why they set it up that way though!

My list contains commonly used software. If people are not often recommending the apps, they never make it to my list. Let us know how you like it.

I've used Power Director 15 for months now. It's by far the most intuitive and quick editor I've used. Tons of output options and great quality. Literally hundreds of transitions, effects etc. Some great, some useless but massive choice. Not used it for 4K as yet, but handles 2.7k like a dream, and I don't have a massively powerful laptop.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: PalmettoAerial
I can't believe this thread hasn't got more responses than this... I've used Adobe Premier in the past and didn't feel like paying quite that much so I've switched to Sony Movie Studio. It's about as easy as Adobe to use which isn't saying that it's easy, just not too hard. It has tons of options for the output format and makes it easy to add captions, audio and transitions. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the results and the price. I just checked Amazon and it looks like the new version is out for pre-order and it's now going to be Vegas Movie Studio.

Last edited:
I've been looking also. I don't have the option for a newer software as I am still on Vista however.
Need to find one that will run on Vista

No
You can import your files directly into GoPro!
Been using it for years for my go Pro camera and really don't want to spend a lot of time learning another program.

I've used Power Director 15 for months now. It's by far the most intuitive and quick editor I've used. Tons of output options and great quality. Literally hundreds of transitions, effects etc. Some great, some useless but massive choice. Not used it for 4K as yet, but handles 2.7k like a dream, and I don't have a massively powerful laptop.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Thanks for feedback ... been looking at postprocessing beginner tutorials on youtube all week and it seems that PD has one of the more friendly interfaces

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS