DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Elevation questions was 3 ft above water said i was -3?

gixxerbill

Reactions
I finally got to fly my drone over some canals in gulf it was a blast. Flew it buy all my friends houses and then I chased numerous boats. :D Anyway I was trying to look at a back of dock that had a cool boat parked there at about 3 or 4 ft. I could see the drone at that 3 or 4 ft height and then I looked on the controller and it said -3ft. :eek:

I am guess since I took of on my deck about 8 ft from sea level it put that as 0 elevation. So it got me to thinking is the height above take off height, sea level(and something is set wrong on my mav) or height above the ground it is above?

I've had this too taking off from a picnic table and flying down to the creek, -ft altitude. It is feet above and below the take off point.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

So I guess i need to take off from the lower deck to get closer to water level. And thanks dude.

That is to say "height" on the low section of the RC screen can be negative, but "clearance" should always be positive and indicate the height above the ground (located left of height on the rc screen).

As mentioned, it's above the take off point. Altitude is set to 0 when you set the home point. If it were at sea level I've be at 5000 - 8000' when I'm taking off. With the 1640' limit, I'd not be able to take off at all.

That is to say "height" on the low section of the RC screen can be negative, but "clearance" should always be positive and indicate the height above the ground (located left of height on the rc screen).

thanks i was wondering what that was for :D

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu