DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Emergency shut down

The "start motors" command is also supposed to be an emergency chop. Both sticks inward and down, or both sticks outward and down. I haven't actually tried it.

The "start motors" command is also supposed to be an emergency chop. Both sticks inward and down, or both sticks outward and down. I haven't actually tried it.

Thks I'll try tomorrow over a soft surface and tell you

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

You have to choose in the configuration if you want that to be available anytime or only when the flight controller notices a problem (the latter is selected by default).

And do NOT try it intentionally. It WILL cause damage. There's a delay before cutoff, so it will first respond to your full stick commands normally and move/gather speed.

You have to choose in the configuration if you want that to be available anytime or only when the flight controller notices a problem (the latter is selected by default).

And do NOT try it intentionally. It WILL cause damage. There's a delay before cutoff, so it will first respond to your full stick commands normally and move/gather speed.

Oh...I got it . Thanks Kilrah. I understand the part of not doing intentionally but for the part of "configurate available anytime " where is it ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I used it a few times after landing to shutdown when I first got mine. It would start to roll slightly while on the ground before shutting down which was disconcerting but no damage Then I learnt better not to use it for this scenario. Have also used it recently when my Mavic was stuck in a landing protecting hover with no app available to cancel the mode. Only option left was for me to hand catch it. CSC worked fine.

The setting is in MC Settings > Advanced Settings > Urgent Stop Mode Always|Breakdown

Last edited:
I used it a few times after landing to shutdown when I first got mine. It would start to roll slightly while on the ground before shutting down which was disconcerting but no damage Then I learnt better not to use it for this scenario. Have also used it recently when my Mavic was stuck in a landing protecting hover with no app available to cancel the mode. Only option left was for me to hand catch it. CSC worked fine.

The setting is in MC Settings > Advanced Settings > Urgent Stop Mode Always|Breakdown

It rolls because its you are giving it simultaneous instructions to down throttle + yaw right + reverse + bank left. It's not noticeable on the Mavics when landed. However, CSC on the Phantoms when landed caused many to cartwheel due to the higher landing struts. DJI should have never mentioned CSC as a powering-down-motors option in the manual. They should made the 3 second down throttle as the only option for landing. AND then printed a separate page for EMERGENCY shut off motors.

Well yes of course. I knew that - but actually it is noticeable on the my Mavic and that is why I have mentioned it. ie because I noticed it, worked out what it was doing and deemed it inappropriate for normal shutdown. just like you have said ;)

Here's a recent video of this NOT RECOMMENDED maneuver, plus a midair restart attempt.

Reactions: Blades
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50