DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

@Luckyco the new firmware is out, so please update your unit. The notable change for you is that you'll no longer have to use the Rotation Locker app w/DJI GO 4.
Just in case people are having problems not being able to use DJI GO 4, (not opening at all) BTW I called EPSON and they have no clue I was told by one of the techs that only a handful of techs were trained on the drone edition. I was told we are sorry you are having this problem, call back when the drone techs come in. I called back and got no help. I was looking somewhere online and found that in order to use GO 4 you need to update the glasses and should, (which it did) work, and works like a charm. Epson really needs to train their people better on a product with this price tag.

Couldn't agree more!! I tried the Epson BT-200's a couple of years ago and was impressed then. I think the BT-300's are AWESOME for drone applications. The picture quality is Amazing IMO when paired with the appropriate shade - I like the one included from Rochester (looks cool too ;)

As for the criticism/concerns - To each his own... Would I love to have these for $600.00? Yes absolutely! Do I think that's realistic given this is a high quality, complete package, and will likely not be sold in huge quantities - NO. Heck, some cell phones cost more than that these days...

Would I like to have the latest and greatest processor, operating system, etc.. Of course! Is it sufficient in its current form for our purposes? IMO - YES.

My experience with the glasses running the latest DJI GO 4 App (4.0.5) has been ALMOST perfect. As previously noted, the map is currently not displaying correctly. I would expect that to be corrected relatively easily and hopefully in the very near future. Honestly, for my purposes, the map is of limited value, I can either see the Mavic's location in flight or I'm looking at an equivalent 82'' inch screen through the glasses of what the drone sees!! I know EXACTLY where it is.... NOTE: I also tested the RTH feature to ensure it was just an issue with map display and not actual drone location. RTH functioned correctly confirming this is just a map display issue.

As far as the touch pad use - Frankly, I find it fine. Is there a trade off - Off course there is. Similar to the difference between using a touch pad vs mouse on a laptop or even more so, a touch pad vs touch screen. I personally do not find a need to go deep into the application once I'm in flight. Most of what I need to do/change can be done on the Mavic controller itself without a need to interface with the application.

Now having said all that - If you're into true cinematography or Litchi missions, a tablet will certainly serve you better. For me however, I don't like having to constantly look down at the controller and then back up at the aircraft. As a retired Army Pilot (Cobra/Fixed-Wing) who just wants to explore and capture some really cool pictures/video and get the aerial perspective I was use to seeing on a daily basis, the BT-300's can't be beat!! .

Keep in mind these can be used for MANY other things as well! I have DirecTV, Amazon Prime Video, and the UFC App loaded as well. What a cool way to watch TV, Moves, Fights, etc while traveling, on a plane, the hotel, the beech - Anywhere! Too bad I can't where them at work... LOL!! ;) Also, you don't need to use the included wired earbuds. I use a set of Bluetooth wireless earbuds (Jaybird X2's).

Screenshot attached - Best wishes!!
Please tell me how you put the Directv app on your BT300. I can't figure it out.
thanks

Just in case people are having problems not being able to use DJI GO 4, (not opening at all) BTW I called EPSON and they have no clue I was told by one of the techs that only a handful of techs were trained on the drone edition. I was told we are sorry you are having this problem, call back when the drone techs come in. I called back and got no help. I was looking somewhere online and found that in order to use GO 4 you need to update the glasses and should, (which it did) work, and works like a charm. Epson really needs to train their people better on a product with this price tag.
In the manual, it says the first thing you do is update the system
In the guide it says,"This product comes with a built-in system update function. Update the system to the latest version before using the product."

Please tell me how you put the Directv app on your BT300. I can't figure it out.
thanks
If you have an android tablet the easiest way is to simply get "APK Extractor" and select the DirecTV App. Save to Dropbox or Google Drive and then transfer to BT-300 and install. You can do this most apps. Obviously, if an app requires Google play services it currently won't work on the BT-300 (e.g. HBO GO).

You want the Tablet version of the app if one is available. The BT-300 scales like a Tablet. That's why I suggest an android Tablet if you have one.

Alternatively, you can simply do a Google search for the DirecTV APK.

Good Luck!

I also put on a Cablz sunglass retainer on the glasses. It's great!! My girlfriend gave it to me some time ago and it was just sitting in a drawer... ;) Works perfect for letting the glasses rest around your neck prior to and after flight (getting stuff ready or putting it away) You don't even know it's there when in use. Cablz.com: The Original

Reactions: Mr Spock
If you have an android tablet the easiest way is to simply get "APK Extractor" and select the DirecTV App. Save to Dropbox or Google Drive and then transfer to BT-300 and install. You can do this most apps. Obviously, if an app requires Google play services it currently won't work on the BT-300 (e.g. HBO GO).

You want the Tablet version of the app if one is available. The BT-300 scales like a Tablet. That's why I suggest an android Tablet if you have one.

Alternatively, you can simply do a Google search for the DirecTV APK.

Good Luck!
Thank you!

I also put on a Cablz sunglass retainer on the glasses. It's great!! My girlfriend gave it to me some time ago and it was just sitting in a drawer... ;) Works perfect for letting the glasses rest around your neck prior to and after flight (getting stuff ready or putting it away) You don't even know it's there when in use. Cablz.com: The Original
The ends fit on the BT-300? My son has a pair for his sunglasses and says there great.

Great. I have since spoken to my son, who has them, and he said to get them. Thank you

Sorry for the noob question, but what is the attraction/benefit to spending $800 on these instead on putting your phone into a simple pair of $60 homido goggles? I've never tried those expensive solutions but love vr with litchi with the homido goggles.

I preordered a pair, they have been returned. While they do work as intended, for the most part, the deal breaker for my older eyes, was that I could not clearly make out the settings. If the displays were a little bigger, this would not have been an issue for me. That along with the early growing pains others have mentioned in the thread, and this $800 investment is not for me...right now. Glad I got to try them out, I think something similar that's fully baked would be awesome. Guess I'm also just a little tired of being a beta tester for corporation's hobby projects. Then again, some of that's my own fault, lol.
The preorder site processed my return quickly and was great to deal with.

I preordered a pair, they have been returned. While they do work as intended, for the most part, the deal breaker for my older eyes, was that I could not clearly make out the settings. If the displays were a little bigger, this would not have been an issue for me. That along with the early growing pains others have mentioned in the thread, and this $800 investment is not for me...right now. Glad I got to try them out, I think something similar that's fully baked would be awesome. Guess I'm also just a little tired of being a beta tester for corporation's hobby projects. Then again, some of that's my own fault, lol.

I also returned my pair today. I had the same problem with the seeing not very clear maybe because of my glasses. But the real problem was the controller, the touch pad drove me crazy, accidentally closing and opening things when I didn't want. I'm hoping they come out with the DJI goggles soon I'll give them a try.

Couldn't have said it better. I returned mine too. I'm guessing the return rate is over 50% - doesn't bode well. And I so wanted to love these things.

Reactions: Silverwood
I had my Moverio glasses since 2 months. Finally today, after various attempts and settings, with the last version of DJIGO4, I had a fantastic day flying 3 full batteries with the BT-300, without any latency whatsoever. I do agree that the trackpad is difficult, but with a little practice is fine. DJI_0029.jpg

I've had mine for about a week now. I've only had the chance to fly it once because I didn't have the proper bracket. I love mine so far. My only complaint is the blank Chinese map.

Reactions: macinfosys
You can get the brackets on etsy now, instead of shapeways to save some coin.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird