DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

yes it is... the Moverio store has 4.0.5 only, if u want 4.0.7 u have to sideload it. But 4.0.3 gave my location accurately only.

Great you got the maps working without workaround.
I just flew with the workaround and mov store version of go4. Works flawless. Location is spot-on. I do not see why we need the latest go4?!
Must say that when i flew from the backyard (standing 2m from my router) i suffered quite some pixellation before takeoff. Went away after i started flying. Obviously interfering with the mavic tx. Imagine what wifi does in congested areas to the signal!

Reactions: Mr Spock
And:
As posted here before you can get the App "DJI Ultimate Flight v3 for free in Moverio Store,its a gift from EPSON, otherwise its > $20.
Had no chance to test yet but looks a lot like Litchi IMO.

Did anyone use it and has an opinion ? Does it match Litchi ?

DJI Ultimate Flight V3 - Entertainment

Greetings,
Ender

Must say that when i flew from the backyard (standing 2m from my router) i suffered quite some pixellation before takeoff. Went away after i started flying. Obviously interfering with the mavic tx. Imagine what wifi does in congested areas to the signal!
YES, with the latest versions (FW & DJI GO) i also noticed some Artifacts when flying close to the Tx.
Probably overloading the receiver, but as long as this goes away with > 10m Distance i dont care too much :)
SAME on my S7 Edge btw. ! Doesnt seem to be limited to Moverio.
You *could* switch off Moverio WiFi to see if its Interference.

Ender

OK I'm in DJI Ultimate Flight from the Moverio store and I did the install of the latest Google Playstore and Google Services. I tried accessing the maps in DJI Ultimate Flight before I rebooted and got errors with a blank screen.
I REBOOTED AND NOW I got all my Google maps working in DJI Ultimate Flight! So now I can build missions and way points :) This might be ya'lls answer for Litchi and it's free. For now.

Reactions: CopperClub
OK I'm in DJI Ultimate Flight from the Moverio store and I did the install of the latest Google Playstore and Google Services. I tried accessing the maps in DJI Ultimate Flight before I rebooted and got errors with a blank screen.
I REBOOTED AND NOW I got all my Google maps working in DJI Ultimate Flight! So now I can build missions and way points :) This might be ya'lls answer for Litchi and it's free. For now.
Can you access any of that online? Or do you have to design waypoints, etc. through the glasses when connected to the mavic. The glasses are my only android device.

I think it's all on the device since you don't have to have an account to sign in with so no "cloud" setup. It will save files of some sort as you save your missions and the folder is at the emulated root called "DJI Ultimate Flight" so it very well may be possible to take a save file, edit it say a text editor, then re-upload your new one. I'd imagine it uses geo-coordinates which you can get from Google Earth/Maps just as it would.
That's just thinkin/obersation though.

Reactions: marc r
Great you got the maps working without workaround.
I just flew with the workaround and mov store version of go4. Works flawless. Location is spot-on. I do not see why we need the latest go4?!
i would switch the BT300s wifi off.

I stood outside for about 5 minutes and DJI Ultimate Flight updated the satellite maps from Google to my location and it got pretty close. I'd imagine it will get better as I'm outside longer since this uses only satellites and not GLONASS.
Way points created for the park and I'll test it out here in a few hours if the wind doesn't get too crazy but I got up to 25 mph gusts later today so we'll see.
Very slick.

Last edited:
DJI Ultimate Flight is a custom built application per vendor request. So perhaps Epson may request this if they haven't already :)

DJI Ultimate Flight stores it's course infomarion in /storage/emulated/0/DJI_ULtimate_Flight/Tracks

The files are CSV and KML so you should be able to export from Google Earth in KML and save into this folder.

With this thread starting as a review of the Moverio BT-300 glasses with both comparisons and functionality (or lack of), I am interested to get an early opinion on the BT-300s versus the just launched DJI goggles.

My opinion is that the BT-300s are still better. They are smaller and will hopefully have the ability to run Litchi or other 3rd party apps. The DJI goggles are huge (hard to wear is public), don't offer a LOS view without a flip up, and appear to only run a special DJI app (not other apps).

With this thread starting as a review of the Moverio BT-300 glasses with both comparisons and functionality (or lack of), I am interested to get an early opinion on the BT-300s versus the just launched DJI goggles.

My opinion is that the BT-300s are still better. They are smaller and will hopefully have the ability to run Litchi or other 3rd party apps. The DJI goggles are huge (hard to wear is public), don't offer a LOS view without a flip up, and appear to only run a special DJI app (not other apps).

Thats about covers it. The only specific feature I am interested from the new released goggle is the gimbal tracking to work with the BT-300. If it can be integrated into the DJI Go 4 app I would think through API Epson might be able to make it work with their product.

I like what DJI has released BUT I do not like the fact it is so big and bulky. It sounds like it is very comfy to wear but the size turns me off. Also the fact you are immersed into the view only and you loose VLOS turns me off. I like that it is 100% wireless (no wires to controller) but did I say it already ? The size is a major negative factor. ;-)

Reactions: charlestwesco

For me the translucency is THE thing.

The Resolution of the DJI Goggles is great but who cares as the Livestream is 720p anyways.
I had wide FOV Headsets before (Headplay, Goggles TWO) and i miss that very wide FOV but the translucency of the Moverio beats it.
If someone churns out glasses with wide FOV and translucency i would jump for it in a nanosecond but the DJI goggles are just more of the same old thing and hilariously too much resolution for the current DJI downstream resolutions.

So its a NO GO for me.

Ender

P.S. another point is that we now have a rule here to fly LOS or FPV with an additional person and this could bend the rule a bit to fly FPV without Co-Pilot ;-)

P.P.S. not beeong married to DJI is another thing. Is till fly my Bebop from time to time and i can do so with the Moverios as well.
And who knows where my next Drone comes from...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580