DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Does this allow a paid android version of litchi to be moved to the Moverios?
Nope. Its just another elegant method of installing APK's on the Moverio, but INSTALLING Litchi was never the problem.
Litchi will still not "see" that it is licensed.Only ways to solve that are:
-1- Moverio gets native Google Play support
-2- Litchi gets distributed via Amazon Shop
-3- we root the Moverio so we can install a Google play store
-4- use patched versions of Litchi which is illegal

Things will work out, i am 100% on that...

Ender

Hi !
I am nit sure what you want to do, display the Mavcs View on two devices (or 3 ?) at the same time ?
Please Detail what you want to do then i can help.

Greetings,

Ender
Display the BT-300 screen off to a Nvidia tablet and or a Glyph goggles (they have HDMI input). My ideal would be sending BT-300 to Nvidia via bluetooth (don't care about lag), and then sending it out NVIDIA tablet via HDMI to Glyph (I can already do that). Then my one son could view the flight on the tablet and the other on the glyph goggles...and I could just keep wearing my BT-300 instead of having to take BT-300 off constantly for my boys to "see"!

Thats a tough one.
Best would be to buy a 5Gh EZCast Dongle (the EZCast 5G or EZcast 4k will do). Connect the EZCast Dongle to the Glyph and power it via a small USB powerbank (or does the Glyph have a USB power outlet ?!).
Then simply cast the BT-300 to the EZCast in 5Ghz mode to not interfere with the Mavic.

Thise dongles are a bit rare, 95% of all *cast dongles are 2.4GHz but you can only use those if you fly short distance as it will interfere with the mavic.

Thats an easy Solution i tried out with a bebop before for Screen sharing.

There are other Solutions as well, but the above is the easiest...

Ender

P.S. above Solution can also be used to use the Glyph with the Mavic using a nirmal smartphone (5G capable of course).

P.P.S. i measured abot 100-200 ms added latency on the slave display so thats okay.

Thats a tough one.
Best would be to buy a 5Gh EZCast Dongle (the EZCast 5G or EZcast 4k will do). Connect the EZCast Dongle to the Glyph and power it via a small USB powerbank (or does the Glyph have a USB power outlet ?!).
Then simply cast the BT-300 to the EZCast in 5Ghz mode to not interfere with the Mavic.

Thise dongles are a bit rare, 95% of all *cast dongles are 2.4GHz but you can only use those if you fly short distance as it will interfere with the mavic.

Thats an easy Solution i tried out with a bebop before for Screen sharing.

There are other Solutions as well, but the above is the easiest...

Ender

P.S. above Solution can also be used to use the Glyph with the Mavic using a nirmal smartphone (5G capable of course).

P.P.S. i measured abot 100-200 ms added latency on the slave display so thats okay.

OK, so if I buy this, how will I force my BT-300 to send it out on 5ghz and not 2.4ghz? Have you used the app or whatever, does that allow you to select 5 GHZ or 2.4 GHZ and do you know BT300 even has 5 Ghz? I assume no home wifi is needed but that it is direct wifi from BT-300 to HDMI EZ Cast? Amazon.com: EZCast 5G Dongle WiFi Media TV Stick Dongle OTA HDMI Wireless Display Adapter Support MiraCast DLNA AirPlay For Smartphone/Tablet: Electronics

Hi !
The EZCast Dongles create their own WiFi Network. With a press of a button you can choose whether its on 2.4 or 5GHz.
Its displayed in the top right as a symbol. So you can check on your Glyph if its on the right frequency and then cast the BT-300's screen to the EZCast using their "EZCast" App.
STraightforward and YES the BT-300 has 5G otherwise i would not have proposed this Solution.

:)

Greetings,

Ender

P.S. the manual of those dongles is inadequate but the on-screen infos are relatively easy, just let me know if you run into trouble, i got both variants.

Seriously anyone found the snap on lens useful against the sun? I tried few times on sunny day with that lens and see absolutely nothing if you look up into the sky.

The moverio should normally come with 3 shades: light shade, very dark shade and Rochester, Last is the best.
edit: why do you look into the sky anyway? Just look at the ground..the only time I look into the sky is when I "act" flying VLOS when law enforcement or paranoid fooks around;)

A few questions - I just got back from flying two batteries. I updated firmware when it released. Here is what happened, some probably related to firmware some not.
1) I was getting pretty bad pixelization (not sure if that is what it is called) on takeoff and near my home point. It seemed to get better as I flew. Is this an android thing or could it be related to a bad cable connection (micro-USB to USB)?
2) My maps after fixing them are now gone.
3) Got a bad disconnect on second battery. Flew out about 200 feet and the screen said aircraft not connected and no GPS signal. I think it may be related to when I switched batteries I didn't power down anything expect the aircraft.

Any thoughts or recommendations (especially on the pixelization) is appreciated.

1>>This happened to me (twice on the same day, after that never on that location) when flying from the backyard 1-2 m away from my wifi router inside. Couple of days ago I had this during a near ground level flight over some farmfields right when passing a farmhouse nearby (for drone-police: I was not flying OVER it but PAST it..@2feet) which almost made me crash into the soil since terrain was rising. I also did have this on my Note4 smartphone occasionally but since that phone was not right in my face I did not bother too much.
Best guess is that signal gets screwed up somehow.
2>> no clue! Did you end up with Amap again somehow?
3>> This I had on multiple platforms too (not on Mov yet but I do remember the only times I had pixellation was after a "quick" battery swap) also the only times after a " hotswap".

The moverio should normally come with 3 shades: light shade, very dark shade and Rochester, Last is the best.
edit: why do you look into the sky anyway? Just look at the ground..the only time I look into the sky is when I "act" flying VLOS when law enforcement or paranoid fooks around;)

1>>This happened to me (twice on the same day, after that never on that location) when flying from the backyard 1-2 m away from my wifi router inside. Couple of days ago I had this during a near ground level flight over some farmfields right when passing a farmhouse nearby (for drone-police: I was not flying OVER it but PAST it..@2feet) which almost made me crash into the soil since terrain was rising. I also did have this on my Note4 smartphone occasionally but since that phone was not right in my face I did not bother too much.
Best guess is that signal gets screwed up somehow.
2>> no clue! Did you end up with Amap again somehow?
3>> This I had on multiple platforms too (not on Mov yet but I do remember the only times I had pixellation was after a "quick" battery swap) also the only times after a " hotswap".
The maps I fixed by reinstalling the Google Apps (aka map fix)
for the pixelization I am going to try a new cord to see if that helps. I have been grounded though because of strong winds and can't test it

was it worth it ?
I really like these things,,, comes in pretty handy .. so they are Pretty tricky to put them together but I think it's worth it . , I really do like them, I took off the arms that go over your ears I took off the nose piece now they are much more comfortable to wear for long periods of time with the foam piece

for the pixelization I am going to try a new cord to see if that helps. I have been grounded though because of strong winds and can't test it
Today i again had pixelled image. This only happens sometimes when flying really low beyond 1000m or so. I mean below 5m.
I do this a lot lately, there is nothing between remote and mavic that could influence the signal. When flying higher no issues.

Hi !
The EZCast Dongles create their own WiFi Network. With a press of a button you can choose whether its on 2.4 or 5GHz.
Its displayed in the top right as a symbol. So you can check on your Glyph if its on the right frequency and then cast the BT-300's screen to the EZCast using their "EZCast" App.
STraightforward and YES the BT-300 has 5G otherwise i would not have proposed this Solution.

Greetings,

Ender

P.S. the manual of those dongles is inadequate but the on-screen infos are relatively easy, just let me know if you run into trouble, i got both variants.
I have one ordered. I see that you can cast to screen without even having to manually connect to the dongles Wi-Fi. I tried it out today with an All Cast Dongle I already have that is only 2.4 gigahertz. I was getting continuous radio interference messages, probably because of a 2.4 gigahertz frequency. I didn't try to go any distance more than a half a mile, and it did work flawlessly otherwise. I don't think pointer on the screen shows up on the connected device though, which might be a little bit of a pain. The Glenn with my current device also did not quite completely fill the available screen. I am not sure the resolution was quite as good as when I have it plugged in correctly to the DaVita tablet routine. The wonderful thing about this all is that the second person with the Grinch toggles and Miracast equipment can have it all in their pocket and not have any wires attached to me.

I was always under the impression that 5 gigahertz was fast will because it also utilize the 2.4 gigahertz at the same time.

For people wearing the Moverios with prescription glasses - I ordered the Rochester Optical prescription inserts and have had them for about a week. My experience so far is that they work really well.

Before the inserts I had two problems - 1) the edges of the screen were blurry and when reading print I would see a slight double image; and 2) wearing prescriptions glasses underneath forced me to wear the moverios low on my nose which was a bit uncomfortable. The inserts solved both these problems. I would definitely recommend them. They are a bit pricey but worth it if you plan on using them a lot.

wearing your normal glasses works too even without the bridge extension. Still, if you want that perfect fit without futzing, their inserts are likely the way to go (if you have an updated prescription )

This case I got for my mavic from AliExpress, after cutting out the one side of it with a Stanley knife to make a little more room, beautifully holds my new BT-300 goggles with the Solitaire Ace 2 (Rochester optical) Total enclosure and all accessories. I currently have a backup battery in here but I use to mirror my bt300 screen over 5 gigahertz off to another pair of goggles for a bystander, but the bt300 controller could go in here as well, or in place of that battery for that matter.
2c73ae5d59a7986911cd32a8280c570d.jpg
cb689324bc3387421c462d7160603ddc.jpg
b0b1dbb70f8c71e8b80dea3925377e86.jpg
15700115d89fa9484ffa2d49c1bc5679.jpg

Reactions: lone droner
These glasses are a must have, really.
If you dont know what you can see with, i made a tiny test (from my hobby blog) where u can see a simulation of a pilot view on last third of video. Use subtitles for better understanding.
Enjoy

Last edited:
That was by far the best demonstration of what the user sees in the glasses. I agree they are a must have for anyone that flies using a screen even a little bit.

Reactions: charlestwesco
Hi !

Greetings,

Ender

HELP! I had this working with another brand ChromeCast 2.4Ghz I had setting around...

BUT:
I got the EZCast 5G dongle in today. I set it up through my TV with home wifi and EZCast Pro app on my Android note 5 phone. I changed it to 5G and I did a firmware update on device. I got it to mirror my Note 5 screen from within the app. Dropbox - EZCastPro.apk

On the BT-300 though, I cannot get the EZCast Pro app to open without crashing (I can find and connect to the EZCast via wifi settings, but going to "cast" in Display settings in BT-300 and checking little box in top right corner and it shows then but is grayed out.) I side loaded (via SD card) the .apk I pulled down off the web (maybe the wrong version? Here is the Apk I installed. One time it opened and seemed to work, but then app now only crashes. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Anyway, what is the exact routine once in the app anyway?

the pixelation is more from the firmware mate.
I just downgrade to .400 and that is gone :D

Reactions: Flycaster
HELP! I had this working with another brand ChromeCast 2.4Ghz I had setting around...

BUT:
I got the EZCast 5G dongle in today. I set it up through my TV with home wifi and EZCast Pro app on my Android note 5 phone. I changed it to 5G and I did a firmware update on device. I got it to mirror my Note 5 screen from within the app. Dropbox - EZCastPro.apk

On the BT-300 though, I cannot get the EZCast Pro app to open without crashing (I can find and connect to the EZCast via wifi settings, but going to "cast" in Display settings in BT-300 and checking little box in top right corner and it shows then but is grayed out.) I side loaded (via SD card) the .apk I pulled down off the web (maybe the wrong version? Here is the Apk I installed. One time it opened and seemed to work, but then app now only crashes. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Anyway, what is the exact routine once in the app anyway?
What would really be ideal is if you could give me a screenshot from your moverio as to the order and process you are using to connect and then also a phone picture screenshot of what the HDMI output looks like if you changed any settings there.

Hi !

Greetings,

Ender

1. Okay, I got the mirroring360 sender app off the Play Store onto my phone, then used ES File explorer to access the Apk file for mirroring360 app. Uploaded that to Dropbox, down through computer and onto bt-300 SD card. Then used a file explorer application I like, to install the Apk.

2. Connected bt300 to ezcast WiFi

3. Opened Mirroring360 sender app on bt300 and it immediately found the ezcast and threw the bt300 screen off to it (I had previously set up the ezcast using their app on a phone with A TV at home)! Was very simple (made Android fake that it was an apple airplay device).

Not sure what the option for 120 seconds time out Miracast in dongle settings is all about, anyone able to enlighten me? For now I have that off.

Three issues though with this routine rather than using official app:

1. Only way to access settings of the dongle is with their official app which I cannot get to find dongle on bt300, even with firmwares on both sides all up to date and using latest app store version stolen off my phone.

Biggest problem then: Every time the dongle is unplugged, in the settings menu, it defaults back to 2.4ghz. this is a pain in the field since it means after plugging it in I first have to connect my phone to it and change it to 5ghz, then disconnect phone and connect bt300. This is a big pain!!! Any way to get the 5ghz setting to just stick?

2. Unlike official ezcast app, this mirroring 360 app does not send audio through since bt300 is not rooted. Ok for fpv, but not preferable as it limits other uses. This routine and 360 app is much more limited in other ways than the official dongle app I expect.

3. On glyph, with 720p 60 dongle resolution setting, there is about an 1/8" black bar around the edges of the screen. Can this be optimized?

4. Would love to see a handful of screen shots of your dongle (and bt300 settings) setting windows to see what options you have set in them Edger!

Suggestions for above issues?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej