DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Okay, I think I finally got this 5G married to work with the native ezcast app on the BT 300. The program would open and then when it tried to connect the program would crash. I uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. Finally what I think maybe did it is pushing the buttons on the left side of the Glyph. That did not seem to matter with Chromecast and other 2.4 gigahertz things that I used. Now the native app seems to be working correctly although I have not tried it with the Drone video. It still is going to be a big hassle to manipulate things around every time it is plugged into a battery fresh to change it to the 5 gigahertz and I sure wish that would stick even when power is recycled to the ezcast.

Reactions: ghedgepath
The moverio should normally come with 3 shades: light shade, very dark shade and Rochester, Last is the best.
edit: why do you look into the sky anyway? Just look at the ground..the only time I look into the sky is when I "act" flying VLOS when law enforcement or paranoid fooks around;)

1>>This happened to me (twice on the same day, after that never on that location) when flying from the backyard 1-2 m away from my wifi router inside. Couple of days ago I had this during a near ground level flight over some farmfields right when passing a farmhouse nearby (for drone-police: I was not flying OVER it but PAST it..@2feet) which almost made me crash into the soil since terrain was rising. I also did have this on my Note4 smartphone occasionally but since that phone was not right in my face I did not bother too much.
Best guess is that signal gets screwed up somehow.
2>> no clue! Did you end up with Amap again somehow?
3>> This I had on multiple platforms too (not on Mov yet but I do remember the only times I had pixellation was after a "quick" battery swap) also the only times after a " hotswap".

Well, my moverio came with 3 shades actually, one slightly tinted another a bit darker and the Rochester shade.
The other day a concerned member of the public (ie, drone police nerd) approached me when I was flying and told. Hey I cannot see your drone, where the hell are you flying, you should be flying insight.
The quad was like 300 meters away but he was looking at a different direction lol, I told him, come take a look, wear my moverio. He sat there with me a tough him how to fly, he finished the battery.
Next day he said , he was going to buy one himself. Happy day

I was going to order a pair of the Epson BT-300 Drone Edition...... BUT

It looks like these glasses/googles were made for DJI Drones...... Yet they fail to include a MOUNT !! :(

So you have to order a mount adapter from a 3rd party at a cost of over $40 :eek:

It rubs me the wrong way to have a EXPENSIVE item not include a $5 plastic part :mad:

Will I get a pair.... maybe, but I will wait until there are some "rave" reviews of this ;)
I thought the same. I bought a plastic cutting board which is about the same thickness as an iPhone or iPad mini. Cut it to length so it fits the Mavic controller. Attached Velcro to the back of the Epson controller and to the cutting board. Spent about $8

Reactions: Mr Spock
Did anyone get Google Play Store fully working? Looks like you can get services to register, but not actually download any google play apps. Please confirm.

Reactions: ghedgepath
no, as far as i know we can make google play only work if we gain root and even then its probably a bit hard :)

It would be nice if EPSON decides to include it in the next FW update.
I do not know the pro / con for a manufacturer to do that so i cannot judge.

Greetings,

Ender

no, as far as i know we can make google play only work if we gain root and even then its probably a bit hard :)

It would be nice if EPSON decides to include it in the next FW update.
I do not know the pro / con for a manufacturer to do that so i cannot judge.

Greetings,

Ender

Epson can't include Play Services. It's not their fault. Google won't license it to any manufacturer of "glasses" technology. Presumably this is so they can avoid competition from their next version of their glasses or their VR headsets. So until Google changes their position, it won't happen.

Epson can't include Play Services. It's not their fault. Google won't license it to any manufacturer of "glasses" technology. Presumably this is so they can avoid competition from their next version of their glasses or their VR headsets. So until Google changes their position, it won't happen.
Ahhhh although thats bad for us its good to know, thanks !

Ender

Are there any Moverio users who also have Cinemizers who can comment on image comparison. I love the super sharp image provided by the Cinemizers but would prefer a little larger image size. Please compare sharpness and size of image.

I apologize if this has already been covered. I searched the thread and found users with Cinemizer but apparently no image comparison.

Are there any Moverio users who also have Cinemizers who can comment on image comparison. I love the super sharp image provided by the Cinemizers but would prefer a little larger image size. Please compare sharpness and size of image.

I apologize if this has already been covered. I searched the thread and found users with Cinemizer but apparently no image comparison.
You can NOT compare the 2. They both are totally different.

Just think about it for a second. The Moviero has 2 oled displays while cinemizers are LCD. :)

Just think about it for a second. The Moviero has 2 oled displays while cinemizers are LCD. :)
Not true. You must be looking at very old specs. The current Zeiss Cinemizers were the first and only video glasses with OLED displays until the Moverio came along. However the Moverio has a higher pixel count at 1280 X 720. The Moverio simulates viewing a 80" screen at 5 meters while the Cinemizers simulate a 40" screen at 2 meters. Not sure how to compare the two.

It's hard to say really. A major turnoff is the need for hdmi with other systems. Then again it does give you the option to plug into a more powerful device.
For me, if i had a small hdmi device on steroids and if the colors would have been better i might have kept the Glyph alongside. Was also great. But the bulkiness of a k1 shield, rigid hdmi cables etc becomes too much to carry.
If i owned a phantom or so with hdmi on the remote it def would have been cinemizers or glyph..
The moverio controller is underpowered...

The moverio controller is underpowered...
This is good information - thanks. I did some research and found the answer to my question about image size:
Field of view:
Moverio - 23 degrees
Cinemizers - 30 degrees
Glyph - 40 degrees.

The Glyph wins on virtual image size. Too bad about the huge headphones; big turnoff.

This is good information - thanks. I did some research and found the answer to my question about image size:
Field of view:
Moverio - 23 degrees
Cinemizers - 30 degrees
Glyph - 40 degrees.

The Glyph wins on virtual image size. Too bad about the huge headphones; big turnoff.
Agree. I really liked the glyph for its well-thought functionality. Huge is also the reason the dji goggles are not for me..
If only there was an ipad mini or galaxy note 4 size powerful hdmi interface....id get the glyph back instantly (would still use moverio as main unit shooting footage..)!

Ok, trouble in paradise.
I think the Mov will go back to Epson.
Im having more and prolonged pixellation issues, this i noticed since i fly in more "detailed" environments and also when very low in altitude. HD signal is always full. It is getting annoying.
Im sure it s the processing power.
Also the cable of the glasses start failing. I pamper it but still it is vulnerable. My image was completely gone during a range flight, horrible. Bending and twisting the cable gently brought it back on the left eye, right eye was half intensity in brightness.
It maybe was too good to be true. Might go for crystalsky 5.5"/ glyph combo...DJI goggles unacceptably huge unfortunately.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore