DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Finally got my first sunny flight in (it's been raining in Charlotte all week).

The glasses work fantastic in bright sunlight. I'm thrilled.

The only negative I've got so far is that I'm getting some extreme pixelation in the video feed when the drone is close to me. It resolves itself as I fly away from me. I've never seen this on my Android phone or my iPad mini.

Getting ready to pull the trigger on these...but... I have one question, does the latest go4 app in the Moverio app store have all of the current geo fencing & required in burden ? If so is there a list of older apps that can be installed? I only see the latest on the app store.

Ok got my BT 300 today and went to down load the go 4 app with them and it stops just over half way through saying wireless connection error return to App Store once it got to 91% and then it stopped and error came up any suggestions that can help me out would be great as not happy so far
Cheers David

Ok tried it again and now it worked app installed and ready to try out tomorrow seems good inside let's see if it's the same out side to

this pixelating problem is really starting to give me the $hits!
Any idea what's causing it? It's definitely only happening with my Moverio. I have immediately swapped out to my iPad mini and my Pixel phone (Android) on the same flight and not had the issue so it appears to be a Moverio thing.

Luckily it only happens to me when the MP is close by but it's still frustrating.

Any idea what's causing it? It's definitely only happening with my Moverio. I have immediately swapped out to my iPad mini and my Pixel phone (Android) on the same flight and not had the issue so it appears to be a Moverio thing.

Luckily it only happens to me when the MP is close by but it's still frustrating.

Not sure yet, haven't had much time to really look into it properly but Moverio is clean with nothing else installed, running other than factory apps.. tried factory reset twice and still does it.. even on latest Moverio firmware.

I noticed it does it more with the my P3P then the Mavic.

I'm starting to regret buying another device that runs android.. said i wont ever do it (sold nvidia shield) but wanted the Moverio's.

My iPad pro 9.7" runs like a dream.

Has anyone used the Moverio with the Spark? I have used it with both wifi and tethered to the USB and I get horrible video reception. I get the usual pixelation at start-up, but unlike the mavic, the video reception doesn't get better and is pixelated through-out the majority of the flight. As of right now, it is nearly unusable with my Spark. When I switch immediately to flying the Mavic (minutes later) I have no problem.

Getting ready to pull the trigger on the Moverio bt 300. Is this pixelation issue common with a lot of users here?
Another question, once I receive the glasses I assume I will need to upgrade the FW but what else is suggested I do to get them up and running correctly ?

Thanks

Getting ready to pull the trigger on the Moverio bt 300. Is this pixelation issue common with a lot of users here?
Another question, once I receive the glasses I assume I will need to upgrade the FW but what else is suggested I do to get them up and running correctly ?

Thanks

Double check all.your settings in the GO4 app to make sure everything ported over. Most of mine did but for some reason my RTH altitude wasn't right.

You'll also want to think about how you are going to connect your touchpad to the remote. There are some decent options on Etsy. I tried both but wasn't completely satisfied so I rigged up my own thing and it's working very well.

s this pixelation issue common with a lot of users here?
I have some pixelation when flying my Mavic. I've read somewhere that it was worse with the newest Moverio firmware 1.3. I upgraded to 1.3 when I first got the Moverio last week before trying 1.1, so I can't confirm.

I purchased a 1 piece Mavic adapter from Etsy, which looks like it should work fine. https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1286446618

I have some pixelation when flying my Mavic. I've read somewhere that it was worse with the newest Moverio firmware 1.3. I upgraded to 1.3 when I first got the Moverio last week before trying 1.1, so I can't confirm.

I purchased a 1 piece Mavic adapter from Etsy, which looks like it should work fine. https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1286446618
Couldn't get your link to work. Is this the one with the swivel or is it the two-piece adapater?

My problem with the two piece item is that it's VERY easy for the Moverio to slide out of the bottom of it. You have to keep significant pressure on the outside of the adapater to keep the two halves together.

My issue with the swivel is that if you angle it down even the slightest amount the mount falls right out of the swivel.

So I'm just using a piece of aluminum with Velcro on it to hold it. Works perfectly.

Awesome. Thanks guys. Has anyone tried that immersive enclosure that Rochester makes ?
Ps: I have a decent 3D printer and can try printing different mounts. Any suggestions?

Couldn't get your link to work. Is this the one with the swivel or is it the two-piece adapater?

My problem with the two piece item is that it's VERY easy for the Moverio to slide out of the bottom of it. You have to keep significant pressure on the outside of the adapater to keep the two halves together.

My issue with the swivel is that if you angle it down even the slightest amount the mount falls right out of the swivel.

So I'm just using a piece of aluminum with Velcro on it to hold it. Works perfectly.

I had this same problem with the touchpad sliding out of the bottom of the mount. My solution was that I essentially taped the two pieces together with the touchpad already inside. After doing this the touchpad doesn't come out of the mount and won't fit in the Moverio case, but if you need to carry the mount anyhow, what is the difference if the touchpad is already inside.

It would be nice to have a flat solution that would fit in the case with the glasses and touchpad, but I don't think there is enough room for that.

Or you could do what I did and use a bread board I had an old red one lying around to try and it works the treat
1c70c3fa41b9016dbb6d8085ce6b84e3.jpg
723bf1ae447f7ad83ce533cc186c0f3a.jpg

Got my BT-300 yesterday, charged and connected and they wouldn't connect. Epson was no help, I downgraded the FW in both the controller and mavic and it's working now. Mine came with GO version 3.**, it crashed, installed 4 from the moverio store, then installed the new by-300 FW still no go until today with the downgrades.
They work OK, not what I'd expect for the price of 800 bucks, but ok.

Well, I figured out the connecting problem, it's the usb connector on the side that connected with my iPhone, I'm using the controller USB connector under the moverio, if I leave the short cable on the side plugged in even when not connected to anything the go app will not connect. I updated the mavic and mavic controller to the latest firmware, installed the latest go app from the moverio store and everything connects every time. Now to charge it up and fly it real world and see if it pixelates.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1