DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ESC error inconsistent firmware with feb 14 firmware update?

RocketMan

Reactions
Anyone experienced this? I had ESC ERROR before latest update.

No history of crash everything fine. Just had less than 10 flights.

Hello ,

Ive updated the firmware yesterday.. and the ESC error was gone. But i still worry..

Anyone experienced this? I had ESC ERROR before latest update.

No history of crash everything fine. Just had less than 10 flights.

How many flights did you see an esc error and did it stay on the entire flight? ESC error usually wont let you start the props. Playing with an ESC error is like playing with fire. Literally.

Reactions: RocketMan
I have less than 10 flights nothing nore than 30 mins each flight.

I used the drone last week everything is fine and stored it for a while.

Yesterday i turned it on and it says inconsistent firmware' ESC error'

Ive upgraded the firmware and error was gone.. IMU and compass calibrated.
Took it for a 5 mins flight this morning. But i want to go further but i didnt risked it cause of yesterday's error.

If the only esc error you got was after you turned it on then did a firmware upgrade, you upgraded it and it was gone, you might be ok. It happened to me on a few of my Phantoms, esc error AFTER fw upgrade, but next FW fixed it (sometimes).

If the only esc error you got was after you turned it on then did a firmware upgrade, you upgraded it and it was gone, you might be ok. It happened to me on a few of my Phantoms, esc error AFTER fw upgrade, but next FW fixed it (sometimes).

yeah i hope everything is alright. im just waiting for a good sunny weather and i ill try it again.

its kinda hard to send it in because we dont have DJI centres here in New Zealand :(

I have less than 10 flights nothing nore than 30 mins each flight.

I used the drone last week everything is fine and stored it for a while.

Yesterday i turned it on and it says inconsistent firmware' ESC error'

Ive upgraded the firmware and error was gone.. IMU and compass calibrated.
Took it for a 5 mins flight this morning. But i want to go further but i didnt risked it cause of yesterday's error.

BTW how long did the FW upgrade take you?

yeah i hope everything is alright. im just waiting for a good sunny weather and i ill try it again.

its kinda hard to send it in because we dont have DJI centres here in New Zealand :(

I know how you feel. Just sending one in from the east coast of the USA to the west coast took 8 days UPS using DJIs shipping label. Might be weeks, depending on where you need to send it from NZ.

Maybe just keep it close to you for a while or fly in unpopulated areas just in case it happens again and you need to land quickly.

I know how you feel. Just sending one in from the east coast of the USA to the west coast took 8 days UPS using DJIs shipping label. Might be weeks, depending on where you need to send it from NZ.

Maybe just keep it close to you for a while or fly in unpopulated areas just in case it happens again and you need to land quickly.

OUCH!.. so in my case.. it will take more time because i live far far away!

Yah i will do that. i have upcoming hot air balloon event and i dont want to miss that one. i have to be very careful.

The drone update took approximately 15mins and i also updated my controller which took less than 10mins. i haven't experience any difficulty while updating.
after update everything seems back to normal but now im getting paranoid.

OUCH!.. so in my case.. it will take more time because i live far far away!

Yah i will do that. i have upcoming hot air balloon event and i dont want to miss that one. i have to be very careful.

The drone update took approximately 15mins and i also updated my controller which took less than 10mins. i haven't experience any difficulty while updating.
after update everything seems back to normal but now im getting paranoid.

If something bad does happen, it sounds like it would be a warranty issue, if not then at least a Refresh issue. Do you have any type of insurance on it?

If something bad does happen, it sounds like it would be a warranty issue, if not then at least a Refresh issue. Do you have any type of insurance on it?
just the warranty issue. i wasn't able to get the refresh insurance because it was not available in this country. SAD.

I cant imagine why refresh would be available in Australia but not NZ??? Did you try asking DJI if you can get Refresh in NZ? And even after 10 flights you might still qualify for Refresh.

"""At the moment, DJI Care Refresh is only available to customers from the U.S., Canada, EU countries, the UK, Australia, Hong Kong and Mainland China. You can check whether DJI Care Refresh is available in your country on the DJI Store."

DJI Care Refresh - supported aircraft, scenarios, service process, FAQ and terms of service

It would be nice if you got in touch someone at DJI who knew if it was covered. I dont always rely on DJIs opinion when it comes to warranty claims and whose responsibility it was.

Last edited:
I cant imagine why refresh would be available in Australia but not NZ??? Did you try asking DJI if you can get Refresh in NZ? And even after 10 flights you might still qualify for Refresh.

"""At the moment, DJI Care Refresh is only available to customers from the U.S., Canada, EU countries, the UK, Australia, Hong Kong and Mainland China. You can check whether DJI Care Refresh is available in your country on the DJI Store."

DJI Care Refresh - supported aircraft, scenarios, service process, FAQ and terms of service
That is why Im very cautious while flying. i already ask the dealership and they said it is not possible to get DJI refresh australia because i need a valid address there. and ive also asked DJI if when are they going to have it here and DJI said they still dont know.

:(

Ive bought my drone on a retailer shop here in NZ. i was expecting the card that I need to register the product. but it wasnt included in the package.

Reactions: Anthonyk
In the USA we have insurance companies that sell drone insurance. $60 a year with $0 deductible. Do you have homeowners or renters insurance? It might be covered under one of those policies as camera equipment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots