DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ESC status error RESOLVED!!

juan pablo

Reactions
On the third flight one of the engines failed and the dron crashed. In the impact the anti-vibration plate of the gimbal was broken and the error ESC STATUS ERROR appeared. I had the antivibration plate reproduced on a 3d printer and I changed it myself. The ESC STATUS ERROR disappeared when a technical friend of mine checked the engine and found that there was a damage. He soldered. The damage occurred because one of the small balls that came in the "fly and more combo" bag inside the moisture bag broke and went right into the engine. Now the Mavic work properly. I'll be testing the dron tomorrow.

Reactions: chamara
Juan, I'm facing the same error, please tell me exactly were did your friend soldered on the mavic, if you have pictures would be helpful.

On the third flight one of the engines failed and the dron crashed. In the impact the anti-vibration plate of the gimbal was broken and the error ESC STATUS ERROR appeared. I had the antivibration plate reproduced on a 3d printer and I changed it myself. The ESC STATUS ERROR disappeared when a technical friend of mine checked the engine and found that there was a damage. He soldered. The damage occurred because one of the small balls that came in the "fly and more combo" bag inside the moisture bag broke and went right into the engine. Now the Mavic work properly. I'll be testing the dron tomorrow.
Hello Juan Pablo,

Right now I have the same problem and would like to know exactly how you solved it. My mavic air shows ESC error 3N and 4N after crashing but when I start it, the four motor pass the check and make the small start rotation, so I understand that they are all ok.. Can you help me please? Thank you very much in advance for your response and help.

You could try switching the drone off for an hour or so to let things cool down and see if that fixes it.
My Phantom 3 recently flipped on landing and came up with an ESC error. I had CSC'd it as quickly as I could so wasn't overly concerned but after a switch off switch on cycle it still had the error, I switched it off and left it for sometime and then everything worked fine.
Not a guaranteed fix but maybe if you are just suffering a temporary excessively warm situation it might work.

That's a pity.
Have you checked that the effected motors turn freely (by hand) over one or more revolutions?
If they stick can you see anything inside them that might be causing a jam?
If you go poking in there use soft material e.g. wooden, as probes, you could try putting a vacuum cleaner nozzle over the top of the motor and see if you can suck anything out.
The clearance between the rotor and the stator is tight but you might be able to slip a sliver of paper between the bore of the rotor and the outer face of one or two of the stator poles, if so do so in one place and then, turning the rotor see if you can drag the sliver around all the poles. Then, keeping the sliver in one place, relative to the poles, see if you can turn the rotor one or more complete revolution.

If none of that reveals a nechanical problem then you need help from someone else as that is as far as I can go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada