DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Essential Mavic Accessories

Chris Philips

Reactions
Hey guys, made this video showing off some essential accessories, let me know what you think.

EDIT: New and improved video with additional accessories

Last edited:
My browser isn't showing any videos or their links, but I'll share what I ordered with my Mavic (plus package with extra batteries, charger and case) just a few days ago. I for sure ordered extra props, and a prop guard that I may not need them right away. I ordered the extended legs to keep the camera out of the grass a bit. (Might order another set to glue styrofoam balls to for over-water operations). Ordered a 64GB DS card, and stick covers for the transmitter. And to wrap it up I ordered the camera guard to protect the gimbal from my novice flights.

Any comments welcome. I expect my next purchase will include CP and ND filters. I am not a pro, but having worked in color separation for pre-press for decades, I do appreciate getting it right the first time. Might need to buy Final Cut Pro again (Mac guy here).

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
My browser isn't showing any videos or their links, but I'll share what I ordered with my Mavic (plus package with extra batteries, charger and case) just a few days ago. I for sure ordered extra props, and a prop guard that I may not need them right away. I ordered the extended legs to keep the camera out of the grass a bit. (Might order another set to glue styrofoam balls to for over-water operations). Ordered a 64GB DS card, and stick covers for the transmitter. And to wrap it up I ordered the camera guard to protect the gimbal from my novice flights.

Any comments welcome. I expect my next purchase will include CP and ND filters. I am not a pro, but having worked in color separation for pre-press for decades, I do appreciate getting it right the first time. Might need to buy Final Cut Pro again (Mac guy here).

Thanks in advance!

Nice, yeah the video I made basically talks about everything you mentioned. I talked about prop guards, landing gear extenders, filters, and even a case. Interesting idea for the styrofoam balls. Just as a safety precaution i suppose for over water? I wonder how that would effect it during flight though.

Since it appears you may plan to do more videos, I challenge you to watch this, and count the "you guys". Do it enough times to be certain, and perhaps enough to realize that none of them add anything useful. Then do the vid again without you or guys and see how much improved it is.

While you're at it, use an overhead shot for the case and a closeup for the filter, legs, and prop guards. With these you'll be approaching a level that showcases the product and not your amatureness (is that even a word?)

I'm certainly not a pro, but thought some friendly constructive advise might help further your presentation. Not being derisive, no intent to be anyway. It's a good start, but not polished or even considerate of your audience. I know you'll do better, and you'll recognize better feedback as you do.

What's next? I'd like to see a comparison/contrast of different apps to run this thing!

Reactions: Cutaway
Nice video Chris Philips! I really like the Freewell Products. I purchased all the Freewell acessories you showed with the six pack of ND filters. "After" I crashed my Mavic, in my house about 3 months ago. I really wish I had the prop guards when my Mavic decided to "Not Hover" and just shot up and flew foreward like a "Bat out of "Hell" crashing into my house door, wall, ceiling and then hitting the floor In about two seconds and less than eight to ten feet distance I had a $303.00 repair bill from DJI repair in CA. Luckily I had DJI Care Refresh so it only cost me about $77.00
Yup! That was unexpected and STUPID! So, you will never hear me making fun of prop guards when the conditions are right.

Prop Protectors..... as an Essential Mavic Accessory

I don't think so!!

Hey man, you never know, sometimes a band landing or getting too close to a tree can crack a prop, but these are just my opinions, as that is yours :D

Since it appears you may plan to do more videos, I challenge you to watch this, and count the "you guys". Do it enough times to be certain, and perhaps enough to realize that none of them add anything useful. Then do the vid again without you or guys and see how much improved it is.

While you're at it, use an overhead shot for the case and a closeup for the filter, legs, and prop guards. With these you'll be approaching a level that showcases the product and not your amatureness (is that even a word?)

I'm certainly not a pro, but thought some friendly constructive advise might help further your presentation. Not being derisive, no intent to be anyway. It's a good start, but not polished or even considerate of your audience. I know you'll do better, and you'll recognize better feedback as you do.

What's next? I'd like to see a comparison/contrast of different apps to run this thing!

Thanks for the constructive criticism. Yeah the video quality is definitely not the best, perhaps I'll remake it and use your improvement suggestions to show off the product better, and i guess drop the "you guys" :D

Reactions: WEOTN and Cutaway
Nice video Chris Philips! I really like the Freewell Products. I purchased all the Freewell acessories you showed with the six pack of ND filters. "After" I crashed my Mavic, in my house about 3 months ago. I really wish I had the prop guards when my Mavic decided to "Not Hover" and just shot up and flew foreward like a "Bat out of "****" crashing into my house door, wall, ceiling and then hitting the floor In about two seconds and less than eight to ten feet distance I had a $303.00 repair bill from DJI repair in CA. Luckily I had DJI Care Refresh so it only cost me about $77.00
Yup! That was unexpected and STUPID! So, you will never hear me making fun of prop guards when the conditions are right.

Dang, well thank goodness for the DJI care. And yeah you know what, no one likes the idea of prop guards, they look bulky and take away from the appearance of the drone, but you know what, if they can help preserve the drone in a crash then why not. For all you know it changes the way it bounces off the floor, and stops an arm from taking the full blow. But i'm glad your back in the air!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost