DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Experienced almost every bug

niclariv

Reactions
I first received my Mavic in December, and crashed it soon after indoors trying to fly over a railing, which made OA fly it up in to the ceiling. I got my Refresh, and since then have had nothing but trouble.

The drone they sent me as a Refresh had a jello issue. Not constant, but enough to be frustrating:

They said to send it back, so I did. Weeks later I received a drone that was packed with the gimbal clamp attached incorrectly:
c4de3503eb263efd01f0d12dfc297d37.jpg

And though some flights seemed ok, one of the 4 test flights I did looked like this:

So they sent me another one... surprise surprise it was packed like this:
ce6b0c88293b23762d90f24239dbdd11.jpg

The manager at the Carson facility says they're going to immediately make changes to the way the drones are packed there.

This one has a bit of soft focus on the right side of the frame (or if I tap to focus on that side the left side is out of focus), along with this video glitch that looks more digital than the jello I had in the first drone:

That video has been slowed down by 50% because the glitches happen so fast.

And now today for the first time, a sudden switch to ATTI mode and toilet bowl effect:
f1d0c548d773ad2b47debf6a41f3700a.jpg

GPS signal AND health was full until the sudden drop to 1 bar of GPS health and TBE.

I landed and restarted the drone, and the gimbal made clicking noises during initialization. The image was sideways, and rotating the gimbal wheel on the remote did this:

So I'll be exchanging this one again. What a hassle.. this is really taking the joy out of the whole thing.

iPhone 6S

Last edited:
Put your Mavic on the table and connect it to the remove. Move the gimbal through fully up and down. Listen for any contact. My replacement from DJI had clearance issues and the back of the camera was hitting the craft. I simply pulled on it a bit to stretch the elastic mounts. Now it no longer touches. You could also do a gimbal and IMU calibration. I've seen similar behavior with mine, but it no longer does it.

Yes it did sound like it had a clearance problem the one time the gimbal started up sideways. I'd try your solution if that was the only bug with this one, but since it also has a bit of soft focus, some kind of video glitch, and TBE once I should probably send it in. Thanks though! If that's the only problem with the next one I'll give it a shot.

iPhone 6S

Yeah this is a sad story. Like you said... Takes all the fun out of it:(

I own a MP but i've been building drones for a while. Toilet bowling usually indicated problems with the compass or GPS. I have a very simple rule. When I go to a new location to fly, I normally recallibrate the compass... When I haven't flown a unit for while, as in 7 days, I recallibrate.... Make it a rule

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L09 using MavicPilots mobile app

They're sending me another one...

FYI I've spoken with the manager at the Carson facility, and he says that drones sent out by them are indeed new from the factory.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580