DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exploring New Zealand

Nice vid. I was in Tekapo and Mt Cook area in January but the wind prevented so many opportunities to fly.
Planning a weekend trip down through the Catlins shortly.
Glad you had a good time whilst here.

Nice vid. I was in Tekapo and Mt Cook area in January but the wind prevented so many opportunities to fly.
Planning a weekend trip down through the Catlins shortly.
Glad you had a good time whilst here.

Tekapo was on my list but unfortunately didn't make it there. And YES OMG SO MUCH WIND. I was definitely restricted in where/how often I could fly... too bad!

Spectacular! Love the editing.

I've just bought my mavic pro in time for moving over to NZ in September. I can't wait to get over there. Can i ask where abouts the footage was taken of Mt Egmont (Taranaki)?

Thanks, Wez

Reactions: Dragonfly
Got back from a month-long trip to New Zealand. I absolutely loved it there!

Here's a highlight from my trip:

Most shots are with the Mavic. A few with my GoPro.

Hi Kaitlyn I love your video. I going to New Zealand in February and would like to take a mavic pro but the rules seem onerous, did you have to apply for permission to fly in any of the places you went?

Hi Kaitlyn I love your video. I going to New Zealand in February and would like to take a mavic pro but the rules seem onerous, did you have to apply for permission to fly in any of the places you went?
I live in New Zealand, I have a Mavic Pro and as I understand it the rules are no flying within 3 Kms of an airport or aerodrome, max altitude 120 meters and anyway if you software's up to date it should have geocoding in place to prevent wandering into forbidden zones. You can't fly over people in a public place or over other people's properties unless you get permission from everyone involved.
I'm no expert though so I'd get that verified.

I live in New Zealand, I have a Mavic Pro and as I understand it the rules are no flying within 3 Kms of an airport or aerodrome, max altitude 120 meters and anyway if you software's up to date it should have geocoding in place to prevent wandering into forbidden zones. You can't fly over people in a public place or over other people's properties unless you get permission from everyone involved.
I'm no expert though so I'd get that verified.

sweet mate! I'll be returning to NZ and Aust in a few months, and especially bought a MP to film while I'm back in NZ. I'll double check the rules before I arrive,

Nice vid Kaitlyn and glad to see you enjoyed our Country but there is so much more to see and do in such a small Country like NZ. A lot to see in the North Island as well.
If visiting NZ and want to fly please visit
Airshare Rules must know
For all the info you need.
Link here for quick access
NZ Drone Rules | airshare NZ hub for drones and UAVs

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member