DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Expo Setting for Sports mode

gregw

Reactions
Is there Expo settings for Sport mode in DJI Go 4? I remember in the old DJI Go 3, you could adjust Expo independently for each mode, but now in DJI Go 4, there is only Expo for Normal mode... Switching the controller to Sports mode doesn't make Expo for Sports mode available either... I just tried it...

The reason I want it is to get the extra speed available under Sports mode, but still be able to dial down the yaw response so I can get good video...

Its gone in 4 on android.
Maybe try doing it in mid flight.

Is there Expo settings for Sport mode in DJI Go 4? I remember in the old DJI Go 3, you could adjust Expo independently for each mode, but now in DJI Go 4, there is only Expo for Normal mode... Switching the controller to Sports mode doesn't make Expo for Sports mode available either... I just tried it...

The reason I want it is to get the extra speed available under Sports mode, but still be able to dial down the yaw response so I can get good video...

I'm in the same boat.... why does DJI do that?.... have some nice feature sets... only to take them away later?

Feature is there, but read the following:

Please dont hate on me for pointing out the following. If you do firmware upgrades when your drone is flying well you MAY LOSE FUNCTIONS, or worse cripple your drone. Dji have a habit of pulling stuff. Also I am on app 3.1.3 and the feature is still there using older firmware 01.03.0400 and remote 01.03.0500. I can happily confirm you can change the expo for sport normal and "gentle" - which is tripod mode. I just dialled in the settings this morning and can confirm they work. So if you can use DJI app 3 not "go4" then you will find these features still exist. However DJI wil moan at you every time you start the APP that you should now be "using 4". You can ignore those warnings as they are "cough cough".

Heres how I do things... Change the settings I need then use Lichi. You need the DJI app only for setting changes - then to fly use Litchi... the only thing youll miss in Litchi is there is no Tripod mode yet... However I think the above will sort you out... Settings via APP V3 android and then Litchi to fly with or the old V3 App... from DJI to fly with if you prefer. Hope this helps.

If you insist on flying the go4 app it will probably overwrite your expo settings... so using V3 app irst then Litchi preserves these settings you know and love. Observe the precautions re litchi and dji app on the same device... you may need to set DJI app settings then according to Litchi guidelines they say you MUST uninstall DJI APP to use Litchi. There are worksarounds for having DJI app and Lichi isntalled at same time on device but as there is a risk involved im not going to publish those.

My experience of firmware upgrades is that i lost features and had to roll them back because aircraft became unflyable in some cases. My friend had had his p2 grounded because of the major firmware scandal that is currently seeing a class action lawsuit against DJI right now in the US> DJI refuse to rollback firmware that bricked peoples drones. So if you are happy dont do those firmwares unless you HAVE TO.

Last edited:
Please dont hate on me for pointing out the following. If you do firmware upgrades when your drone is flying well you MAY LOSE FUNCTIONS, or worse cripple your drone. Dji have a habit of pulling stuff. Also I am on app 3.1.3 and the feature is still there using older firmware 01.03.0400 and remote 01.03.0500. I can happily confirm you can change the expo for sport normal and "gentle" - which is tripod mode. I just dialled in the settings this morning and can confirm they work. So if you can use DJI app 3 not "go4" then you will find these features still exist. However DJI wil moan at you every time you start the APP that you should now be "using 4". You can ignore those warnings as they are "cough cough".

Heres how I do things... Change the settings I need then use Lichi. You need the DJI app only for setting changes - then to fly use Litchi... the only thing youll miss in Litchi is there is no Tripod mode yet... However I think the above will sort you out... Settings via APP V3 android and then Litchi to fly with or the old V3 App... from DJI to fly with if you prefer. Hope this helps.

My experience of firmware upgrades is that i lost features and had to roll them back because aircraft became unflyable in some cases. My friend had had his p2 grounded because of the major firmware scandal that is currently seeing a class action lawsuit against DJI right now in the US> DJI refuse to rollback firmware that bricked peoples drones. So if you are happy dont do those firmwares unless you HAVE TO.

Yep, I get you there.... I've been able to resolve this problem by changing to Sports mode while flying, which then changes the EXP menu to "Sport", which I can then set, separate from the EXP setting in P-Mode..

I'm still on 01.03.400 firmware and DJI Go 4 V4.0.3 before the updates to NFZ. The reason I was sticking to this firmware/App combo is that I just had a trip recently to China, and DJI expanded the NFZ for all China airports to a hard 10KM, with up to 15KM NFZ for the sections that are in the landing/take off path in the later firmware... With my current firmware/App combo, the hard take off is at 5KM, and and warnings from 5KM to 10KM... I was visiting a relative's place which was just around the 10KM mark and didn't want to have to deal with uncommanded landing problems due to NFZ...

Since my Mavic is working well, and I've had no issues, I will stick with this firmware/App combo for the foreseeable future, unless DJI adds the function to allow manually switching the Mavic to ATTI mode to a future firmware... All the additional functions, such as "Fixed Wing mode", are pretty much useless for me as I will never use them..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada