DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exporting/Downscaling

Jayfly

Reactions
After downloading a few videos onto my MBP from the Mavic I quickly realized that it cannot handle the 4K video even just for playback it's jittery and choppy. I found out I can export from QuickTime down to 1080p or even 720p and it plays perfectly smooth at those resolutions. I'm just wondering is this a good way to downscale my video from the Mavic to make it usable on my computer and for editing or should I download a separate program for that? Or should I keep the 4K resolution and compress it? If so suggest a good program for that? I assume this is why I can watch "ultra high def" video on Netflix and its buttery smooth?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Im on Mac and I use MpgStreamclip, its by a companay called Squared5. Its a free, superprofessional and highly versatile video converter. I think u get a PC version as well but i sasly dont delve into that darkart. U want to convert to HD in a H.264 codec at a bitrate of 10Mbs. Its an easy play for most machines.

Posted from somewhere in beautiful South Africa

After downloading a few videos onto my MBP from the Mavic I quickly realized that it cannot handle the 4K video even just for playback it's jittery and choppy. I found out I can export from QuickTime down to 1080p or even 720p and it plays perfectly smooth at those resolutions. I'm just wondering is this a good way to downscale my video from the Mavic to make it usable on my computer and for editing or should I download a separate program for that? Or should I keep the 4K resolution and compress it? If so suggest a good program for that? I assume this is why I can watch "ultra high def" video on Netflix and its buttery smooth?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I personally use HandBrake for these types of things (transcoding, etc.). It's Open Source, Free, and available for a variety of platforms.

HandBrake

Reactions: Jbh5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian