DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extracting Mavic logs

Nige321

Reactions
Has anyone managed to view logs from the Mavic? I've managed to extract the .DAT files from the Mavic but the usual methods of converting them to .CSV etc. don't appear to work.

DatCon throws up an error saying the .DAT file isn't a .DAT file...:(

Has DJI changed the format again...??

Reactions: diegoaz
I don't know of any tools that can read the DAT flight logs. There are tools available for reading the TXT flight logs though. See my list here.

DatCon cannot convert Mavic DAT flight logs.

Just heard that DatCon is being worked on to work with the Mavic...

I'd like to have a play with the tools, but I don't have any suitable .DAT files.
Does anyone have a small sample file from a Phantom I could look at...??

Just heard that DatCon is being worked on to work with the Mavic...

I'd like to have a play with the tools, but I don't have any suitable .DAT files.
Does anyone have a small sample file from a Phantom I could look at...??

Here is one of the smallest I have. It does not include the vision data.

Attachments

• DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE[2016-11-23 07-30-13].zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 98
How do i access the flight logs? I try to access the Flight record list in Assistant 2 software but the icon is just spinning and nothing happens, have waited for like 7 minutes, also tried the Data Export but same thing there.

How long should it take to access those files?
Is there any other way to do it?

How do i access the flight logs? I try to access the Flight record list in Assistant 2 software but the icon is just spinning and nothing happens, have waited for like 7 minutes, also tried the Data Export but same thing there.

How long should it take to access those files?
Is there any other way to do it?
Seems this is a common problem using the DJI Assistant 2 to retrieve the .DAT. Some people have succeeded by 1) restarting DJI Assistant 2, 2) using a different USB cable, and 3) by using a PC if they are using a Mac.

Seems this is a common problem using the DJI Assistant 2 to retrieve the .DAT. Some people have succeeded by 1) restarting DJI Assistant 2, 2) using a different USB cable, and 3) by using a PC if they are using a Mac.

Yes I'm using a mac, and haven't tested with another USB cable, but that has almost never helped me to exchange the USB cable in any situation.
But i will try a PC and see if that goes better?

But is there some other way of accessing the log files? Is the Log files in itunes for the GO 4.0 app the same logs as in the Assistant 2 software?
Since i found some .DAT files there as well as some .TXT files. But the folder called only "logs" contained no usable information for me in its .TXT files.

But is there some other way of accessing the log files?
No.

Is the Log files in itunes for the GO 4.0 app the same logs as in the Assistant 2 software?
No. DAT flight logs are stored on the Mavic. TXT flight logs are stored on your mobile device. You'll find a lot more data in the DAT flight log. And, unlike the TXT flight log, the DAT flight log does not stop logging if the downlink disconnects.

Yes I'm using a mac, and haven't tested with another USB cable, but that has almost never helped me to exchange the USB cable in any situation.
But i will try a PC and see if that goes better?

But is there some other way of accessing the log files? Is the Log files in itunes for the GO 4.0 app the same logs as in the Assistant 2 software?
Since i found some .DAT files there as well as some .TXT files. But the folder called only "logs" contained no usable information for me in its .TXT files.
The .dat file on the tablet is not the same as the .DAT on the Mavic.

The mobile device running DJI GO 4 allows you to export the csv file but where does it go? I'm running an iOS device.

I did do a form search and this seemed to be the best thread to ask the question in.

IMG_3438.PNG

The mobile device running DJI GO 4 allows you to export the csv file but where does it go? I'm running an iOS device.

I did do a form search and this seemed to be the best thread to ask the question in.

View attachment 4106
On my iphone 6+ ---> popup says "Export Success" & "locates at DJI GO:/Documents/ExportFlightRecords/SV_2017-01-16_[15-32-36].csv"
(of course your file would be different) However it doesn't help, since iphones can only export photos & videos. [assuming it isn't jail-broke]
note: I haven't tried iTunes yet!

In iTunes
Plug your iPhone in, look on the apps screen, scroll down the bottom to apps that share data, find the DJI Go/4 app and the box on the right shows you all the data you can export.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

That worked! Only problem was I couldn't
drag-n-drop the folders ... only the individual
files. I found you have to select the folder, then
scroll to bottom and use the "save as" in order
to save the folders and the data files within.
At least that's what I had to do.
Thanks for the info to retrieve on itunes.

(Now I have to learn how to use & understand the data with "datcon")

With my phone plugged into my mac computer, I was able to drag folders from iTunes/iphone/ apps page/DJI GO4 to the desk top (I could also select a desired folder and "Save To" a location on the computer).

The resulting Flight Records Logs, and FlightLogs folders contain .txt and/or .dat files for flights; I have no idea what program/app I need on the mac computer to read/watch them.

I know I can create an account & upload files to a 3rd party service, but I may not always want that information out in the cloud.

DJI does simplifies so many of their processes, but handling these records has been daunting.

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 5.25.41 PM.png

The resulting Flight Records Logs, and FlightLogs folders contain .txt and/or .dat files for flights; I have no idea what program/app I need on the mac computer to read/watch them.
You can find some tools to read the TXT files here.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada