DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

F stop labs camera hood review

Aeroworks

Reactions
1485080737770.png

Just Recieved the 3d printed version of F stop labs hood for the mavic. Looks exactly as pictured. The fit and finish on this thing is real good. Basicly a modified copy of the bubble dome that comes with the mavic.

Took it up for a quick flight and worked good. Only time you can see the hood from the camera is if you have the 30 degree up angle enabled. When looking up 30 degrees you can see a little black from the hood. No biggie for me. The hood also seems to have gotten rid of that terrible propeller shadow when angle to the sun is just right.

Not too much to say really. It's a camera hood. It blocks the sun from angles. It fits perfectly without play. Looks great on the craft. Well worth it and would buy again. Great customer service over there.

DJI Mavic Pro Camera Lens Sun Hood Sunshade and Gimbal Guard

Sent from my SM-T713 using MavicPilots mobile app

Did anyone else get their shade yet? I ordered one on Jan 4th and am waiting ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Nice. Really nice. But it looks way too smooth and industrial-finished to be 3D. Are you sure this isn't molded or something?

Reactions: danieleforyou
I purchased the molded version a couple of weeks ago. They said they would ship on or about the 28th. Haven't heard anything since. Still waiting...

Got mine today, and as the OP stated it is very well made and fits perfect. In fact it fits better than the DJI bubble does, and the rubber dust boot still fits over it without issue. Going to go fly in a few so will add to this.
IMG_1707.jpg IMG_1708.jpg IMG_1709.jpg

Not sure which one is 3D printed in the above posts but my injection moulded hood from f/stop shipped yesterday. They only had 3D available until their molds were finished. They r good to go now and 3D is no long available. When I ordered I had the option for 3D or wait a few weeks for injection part. I chose to wait.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Sharifs
Are those PolarPro Cinema filters on the camera? If so, is there any startup/power down interference issues?
Yes, Polarpro ND/PL filters, and no problem with startup, they don't throw a warning.
But I was able to see the sunshade in sport mode if I threw the Mavic around, not the top or bottom but the sides were visible. In normal flight mode you had to slam the yaw to the left to see the shade, but it didn't show on a hard right. In normal flight you won't see it. It did just about eliminate sun flair on the lens, and no more prop flicker. The PolarPro ND filters are GREAT!. started with a 4, then had to move up to 8 to get ASA 100 @ shutter of 60 using 4K/30, and it was still a bit over exposed, will try the 16 on the next flight if it is as sunny as it was today. Defiantly made a big reduction in motion blur for me.

I received mine earlier this week, and I'm extremely impressed with the quality. I've now purchased 4 different models of these things, and the F-Stop Labs version is, by far, the best. It's beautiful, fits perfectly, and has a tremendous finish quality. Hats off, guys.

Mine arrived a few days ago. Injection moulding is perfect and the fit is better then the dome from dji.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Did anyone else get their shade yet? I ordered one on Jan 4th and am waiting ever since.

The guys at F/Stop Labs are completely incompetent. If you like paying for goods you will never receive, and the worst customer service, then they are right up your alley.

For me ordered the jan 12th... No news.
Pretty typical for F/Stop Labs. On the surface they appear to be a business, but it seems to be some clown with a crappy website working out of his apartment. I know some high school kids who could help them get their business set up, if they are interested.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007