DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Regulations regarding airspace

ISpeekW00kie

Reactions
So I'm trying to find any verbage as far as airspace regulations. I'm in the states so I have to follow FAA regs, but their site kind of sucks (like every government website). So where I live is on the bounds of a regional airport, which I know I have to be at 5 miles or greater without needing to notify the control tower.

I usually fly out in open areas away from suburbia and people. The problem though is that I live in a gigantic airspace that is mostly Class D.

02401ed9ad758a90214e315f36037217.jpg

So, I have yet to find any verbage as far as Class D and below go. Maybe I'm missing it or maybe there is really no official law saying it. Any help would be awesome! Thanks guys!

If you're flying for recreation, you should just need to contact the airport; I live in a class D area and that's all I have to do.

If you're flying commercially, you'll need to apply for an airspace authorization. According to the chart supplement DTO actually turns into class G airspace between 11 PM and 7 AM, so technically you could fly commercially during those times, but unless sunrise is fairly early or sunset is ridiculously late you'll also need a night waiver.

Reactions: Chas@JPA
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929