DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Failsafe Happy Ending...

Cutaway

Reactions
Trying to grow some kahunas from your flights..have you experienced an unintentional (i.e. unplanned) failsafe RTH? Was it a happy ending? :);):(

I'm still a noob and starting to expand distance and various sceneries. I planned to fly safe and keep an eye on the RC signal often. But I find that as I focus on filming, manipulating intelligent flight mode, gimbal, etc., it is easy to forget about it.

I'll set the RTH altitude according to the environment. I want to be sure that the failsafe works well. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: arcview
I use RTH almost every flight and always have on all my drones over the years . Near the end of a flight I will usually either press the RTH button and let it fly back to a hover over the take off point then take over again if I want to fly around some more or I sometimes fly it back myself to within a couple hundred feet where I can see it and hit the button and let it land . I like to make sure it is working properly at all times . Twice I have flown out to a 100' away or so and switched off the controller to make sure LOS works ok .

Reactions: Cutaway
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke