DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Few questions please,just bought a Mavic :)

smallman28

Reactions
I can find most of the information I am looking for but would just like confirmation on what I think I know.
Can you not capture pictures at the same time as video when recording in 4K?
If you stream in HD to the phone/tablet then 4K video recording is disabled and it drops to just 1080p to record in?
The videos stored on the phone/tablet are only lower quality versions (720p) and not the full 4K,the 4K "proper" video is stored on the SD card itself?
I have a 2016 Macbook Pro and when I connect the Mavic to it with the supplied USB lead the SD card"mounts" and appears as a drive but there is nothing there,is it not possible to drag and drop files via the USB lead then or do I need to take the card out and read it"directly" as it were rather than using the USB lead or is it a case of the card not being in the right format for the Macbook to read?
It says the card is formatted as MS-DOS.
When I fly everything is fine, if a little sluggish compared to what I was used to with the Phantom 2 I had before :) but one thing that bugs me a bit is when I stop going forward/backward the stop is quite abrupt.
I appreciate it is easy to fly and all that but it slams on the anchors a bit hard for my liking,is it possible to tweak this anywhere so it slows a bit more gradually as no matter how slow or fast I go forward or backward the stop is still quite abrupt.
I don't have it in beginner mode either.
Cant think of anymore for now,thanks for your time.

No, you can not take pictures while filming (in any resolution)

About streaming IDK

Yes the full format video and images are stored on the SD card in the Mavic

I believe you have to transfer directly from the SD card (might be wrong about this one)

Sport mode will make it respond quite sharply. And there are several modes to make it fly and behave "better" for filming (tripod mode, cinematic mode).
Quite a lot of tweaks can be done in the Go app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo