DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fight back get involved or you won't be able to fly

Lone Wolf 58

Reactions
You read more and more about towns, parks, municipalities and such passing rules and regulations or imposing insurance requirements about you flying your uav/drone. Most of this is knee jerk reaction to something that never even happened. It's all speculation. They think cut it off at the pass before it happens... Thier being proactive rather than reactive.

My advise to all of us is to first join a large organization or club like the
AMA or AOPA. Next form your own local groups like a pilot group. Keep your ears open and when you hear about a town, Park or any entity wanting to impose a restriction on you and me. Go to Thier meetings and be heard. Stand up. Voice your concern. Stop these do gooders in Thier tracks. Let them know you are many and don't like what they are trying to do.
Let them know 95% of all fliers are responsible pilots. Make them demonstrait the need for such a restriction.

Get involved. Defend your hobby or become an outlaws. In which case they will put you in jail

AOPA is a great organization. I've been a member since the 80s. They've really delivered as an advocacy group for general aviation and they are very sincere in supporting and lobbying for the ranks of UAV pilots now, too.

Reactions: Blades and balshawr
Any such organizations in Canada?

Now that the FAA lost their case, forcing registration and power to regulate drones, maybe now the local municipalities can't even try. Most towns have lawyers in their town meetings, that will advise against making any rules that have been struck down in a supreme court case. They don't want to be sued!

Now that the faa lost it authority over us will this mean towns and other authorities will think they are able to create more rules and regs. I think we may have been better off with the faa. Time will tell

I live in Pinellas county FL and we have about 1 millon ppl and about 15 millon visitors a year. I drive all over Pinellas almost everyday for work and I am always looking in the sky for quads. You would think the way the news and some talk the skys would be full of the quads..
The only problem is I have yet to see even one in the sky let alone hundreds or thousands of them the way people talk the sun should be hard to see and the sky should be blacked out or something! Really how many quads do you see flying on a daily basis?

You read more and more about towns, parks, municipalities and such passing rules and regulations or imposing insurance requirements about you flying your uav/drone. Most of this is knee jerk reaction to something that never even happened. It's all speculation. They think cut it off at the pass before it happens... Thier being proactive rather than reactive.

My advise to all of us is to first join a large organization or club like the
AMA or AOPA. Next form your own local groups like a pilot group. Keep your ears open and when you hear about a town, Park or any entity wanting to impose a restriction on you and me. Go to Thier meetings and be heard. Stand up. Voice your concern. Stop these do gooders in Thier tracks. Let them know you are many and don't like what they are trying to do.
Let them know 95% of all fliers are responsible pilots. Make them demonstrait the need for such a restriction.

Get involved. Defend your hobby or become an outlaws. In which case they will put you in jail

I prepared a short info briefing that I'll present to the city council in an effort to inform them about drones before they consider any onerous ordinances. It covers what they are, uses, numbers registered, trends, risks to the public, and current federal, state, and nearby county rules & restrictions.o

Reactions: Blades
One of our local middle schools just bought a drone a few weeks ago for classroom. Funny thing, it's within 4 miles of an international airport. The teachers call the towers everyday to report that they are flying the drone and have never had an issue from parents, local government, and the airport. I hope more school systems will start educating this way.

Reactions: WingMaster
I live in Pinellas county FL and we have about 1 millon ppl and about 15 millon visitors a year. I drive all over Pinellas almost everyday for work and I am always looking in the sky for quads. You would think the way the news and some talk the skys would be full of the quads..
The only problem is I have yet to see even one in the sky let alone hundreds or thousands of them the way people talk the sun should be hard to see and the sky should be blacked out or something! Really how many quads do you see flying on a daily basis?

I say this all the time. I have only ever seen three drones in the skies. One was near downtown Philadelphia last fall, in Miami in February I saw one flying near where I was flying and just last week I saw another flying in Brooklyn near the Manhattan Bridge.

Reactions: Blades
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3