DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filter or fix in post

Jaysjob

Reactions
I took some video yesterday over beautiful blue water but when I reviewed it there was a neon lime green tint to the lower left corner of the recording. I wondered if I need a filter and if so which one? Or should I not get filters and try to fix this in post production? Thanks for any help.

I took some video yesterday over beautiful blue water but when I reviewed it there was a neon lime green tint to the lower left corner of the recording. I wondered if I need a filter and if so which one? Or should I not get filters and try to fix this in post production? Thanks for any help.

Can you post a screenshot. Are you not flying with filters? For water you could use a CP filter to help beat down some of the reflection but it's hard to know what to suggest without first seeing what issue you're facing with the video. I fly over water all the time, but I use ND filters.

Reactions: Jaysjob
Can you post a screenshot. Are you not flying with filters? For water you could use a CP filter to help beat down some of the reflection but it's hard to know what to suggest without first seeing what issue you're facing with the video. I fly over water all the time, but I use ND filters.

3926f07d1111e8bbc0128c5cb5156d72.jpg
f325d4c6a17d2838e0af4469e85d0ca5.jpg

436e3c8fea250b83183f62a00870f7ef.jpg

Thanks for the reply Dodge.
Here are a few screenshots. The green tint is way worse on a big screen. Sometimes during the video the water is a nice blue then the same area turns the green color.
I don't currently fly with any filters.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

The culprit could be your white balance. Is it set to Auto? If it is, it's probably changing, which is common. I would set it to something different, maybe 6500 manually in situations like this. You can probably fix it a little in post but you have to worry about what the treetops do because when correcting the green tint of the water you're bound to change all the green in the clip.

Reactions: Jaysjob
The culprit could be your white balance. Is it set to Auto? If it is, it's probably changing, which is common. I would set it to something different, maybe 6500 manually in situations like this. You can probably fix it a little in post but you have to worry about what the treetops do because when correcting the green tint of the water you're bound to change all the green in the clip.

Ok. Thanks very much. I have always enjoyed flying drones but I'm very new to the intricacies of the photography aspect. I'm going to have to get online for some tutorials about Mavic photography next. There's a lot to learn. Thank you very much for the help!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett