DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filtered gimbal covers

alexanderguelph

Reactions
Anyone seen/tried these? I'm sure they aren't as good as proper filters, just curious.

3eaa01181fc3635484df1932b463f387.jpg

Fly with the original on and spin the MP around and you will see the weird curved bright glare across the picture, then you will not want to buy them!

Reactions: Indianapolis
Aha yea I never fly with the cover on for that very reason. I've tried the polarpro filters to great success and have been meaning to buy a set.

My recommendation, dont buy it to fly with, buy it as a replacement cover for the OEM bubble. I would instead buy a set of Tacos or Polar Pros, or just one filter that you would use regularly such as an ND4 or ND8.

This item a solid ND filter/gimbal bubble for the Mavic. I would not use this device because if you fly with it, or just keep it on for extended periods of time while your Mavic is running, you are preventing air from being circulated into the cooling fan intake behind the gimbal. This cooling intake needs to remain unobstructed or your internal components stand the chance of getting fried, in addition to the fact that you are making your cooling fan work very hard to suck air in through the intake.

I flew with my gimbal cover on exactly two times, during my first couple test flights. I fly a lot over the ocean and get considerable glare from the dome, even in relatively low light.

I got the PolarPro set of 4/PL, 8/PL, 16/PL filters and they're fantastic. Cuts down the glare immensely. Just wish they were grey or black - hate sticking gold stuff on the Mavic.

But....the mavic looks really cool with a dark gimbal cover [emoji14]

You can always get the 'sun shade' cover too, where the center section is cut out. I got the one that's the same color as the Mavic plastic, but I couldn't notice any difference in the flights I've done with it so far. If you ever yaw really fast it comes into frame and gives you a weird dark border on the sides.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada