DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filters on sunny day necessity?

TheSlimOne

Reactions
I am pretty familiar with the DSLR side of the world. I don't know much about video I am assuming its in the same ballpark.

I was out on a perfect day in Texas. the shutter speed was SUPER high like 3200 if I remember right. I couldn't get it down much even dropping the ev to -3.0 I would much rather have that shutter speed down in the 60 with the Frame rate a 30? Seems totally impossible without having some serious filter, like a 32.

The video with the high shutter speed was not good, looked very flickery on the fences and such. I would never believe a 4k video would look crappy, but it did.

Am I on the right track. It doesn't make sense that you have to have filters to take a decent video. I guess its a fault of the sensor being so small?

Yes, you'll get the best results when using ND filters. If interested, you can find a list of commonly used ND filters here.

I am pretty familiar with the DSLR side of the world. I don't know much about video I am assuming its in the same ballpark.

I was out on a perfect day in Texas. the shutter speed was SUPER high like 3200 if I remember right. I couldn't get it down much even dropping the ev to -3.0 I would much rather have that shutter speed down in the 60 with the Frame rate a 30? Seems totally impossible without having some serious filter, like a 32.

The video with the high shutter speed was not good, looked very flickery on the fences and such. I would never believe a 4k video would look crappy, but it did.

Am I on the right track. It doesn't make sense that you have to have filters to take a decent video. I guess its a fault of the sensor being so small?
The filters bring back the adjustment capabilities that the fixed aperture takes away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11