DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally arrived...

Davidwh

Reactions
Finally my new toy has arrived (ordered 18 Oct last year) and you will be pleased to know that there will be no un-boxing videos. Currently charging the 3 batteries in the charging bank. I have noticed that there is a micro usb port in the corner but the DJI software will not recognize anything. Is there no software out yet for this? Is the only other way to check the firmware and set the discharge rate for the batteries other than to put each battery into the Mavic in turn???
many thanks

I have noticed that there is a micro usb port in the corner but the DJI software will not recognize anything. Is there no software out yet for this?
No. If/When DJI release a firmware update for the charging hub, it'll be available for download on the Mavic downloads page.

Is the only other way to check the firmware and set the discharge rate for the batteries other than to put each battery into the Mavic in turn?
If you're referring to the "Time to Discharge" setting, it must be set for each battery individually while your Mavic is connected to DJI GO. That setting will be reset when you install new firmware on your batteries.

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg

Reactions: BluesDragon
It will be a lot easier to do all the battery updates in the hub
The hub cannot install firmware on the batteries. If DJI releases firmware for it, it'll only be to upgrade the hub itself.

You had to wait ages!

Reactions: Davidwh
The OP has answered a big DJI mystery question. If you say nothing and do not complain how long will it take DJI to deliver a Mavic. Five Months!

Reactions: Davidwh
How can it have taken five months? I ordered a month ago and had it three days after.

How can it have taken five months? I ordered a month ago and had it three days after.

The OP has answered a big DJI mystery question. If you say nothing and do not complain how long will it take DJI to deliver a Mavic. Five Months!
I never contacted DJI or complained either and it only took 8 weeks for mine, right in the middle of the crunch. Not sure what happened to his, but 5 months is a lot of ridiculous.

Glad you finally got it, I couldn't have been nearly as patient.

Now, take your time and enjoy!

All credit to Helliguy there CS was great and they kept me well informed, It was worth the wait, upgrading firmware as I type. On the bright side any possible bugs issues might have been resolved whilst I was waiting and it's now Summer time!!!!!!!!!

Because you got yours during a time when the bad PR was at its peak. The guys who preordered from before knew there was a wait and some did not complain. When I got mine on Jan 9th there was a lot of guys who had ordered in Oct and Nov 2016 that had still not gotten theirs. The old "Squeaky wheel gets the oil" saying really applies to DJI.

Rob

Reactions: kona
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143