DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally - sharp camera on third MP

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
Three times a charm?

So for those who have followed (or at least tolerated) the issues with my MP's camera, now on the third bird and I just got back from a careful test of it.

Hovered 90m over an area with lots of detail on the ground and the camera pointing straight down.

Took three shots (left side AF, middle AF, right side AF), then "pedal turned" 180° and repeated the sequence.

The shots look quite sharp with detail sharpness fairly even everywhere. Corners fade a little.
(I did this in JPG not raw, but as long as the detail is sharp and even left to right and top to bottom then I'm happy enough).

The consequences of all this are:
  • I was denied access to my MP for a total of some 76 days (over 2 return cycles)
  • Lost that much warranty coverage
  • Managed to have them reset Care Refresh to 17 April (was 26 Jan).
    • So recovered 81 days of CR coverage which ain't bad
  • Bought a P4P during the first "return" round.
  • Flying with the goggles is awesome.
Persistance and detail via e-mail pay off with DJI.

Last edited:
Three times a charm?

So for those who have followed (or at least tolerated) the issues with my MP's camera, now on the third bird and I just got back from a careful test of it.

Hovered 90m over an area with lots of detail on the ground and the camera pointing straight down.

Took three shots (left side AF, middle AF, right side AF), then "pedal turned" 180° and repeated the sequence.

The shots look quite sharp with detail sharpness fairly even everywhere. Corners fade a little.
(I did this in JPG not raw, but as long as the detail is sharp and even left to right and top to bottom then I'm happy enough).

The consequences of all this are:
  • I was denied access to my MP for a total of some 76 days (over 2 return cycles)
  • Lost that much warranty coverage
  • Managed to have them reset Care Refresh to 15 April (was 26 Jan).
    • So recovered 81 days of CR coverage which ain't bad
  • Bought a P4P during the first "return" round.
  • Flying with the goggles is awesome.
Persistance and detail via e-mail pay off with DJI.

Glad DJI finely got it sorted out for you.

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
Got mine back on Wednesday and had a chance to take it out yesterday with some nice weather.

Video looks much better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61