DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fire Department Mavic

Lapeer20m

Reactions
I am a professional firefighter who happens to own a mavic.

A few weeks ago I put together a presentation for the chief about all the ways a drone could improve our department.

He liked the idea so much that last night I made a presentation in front of the city council and they voted to start a UAS program and purchase a mavic pro right away with planning and budget for a matrice 210 in 2018. This is way outside my comfort level as I'm
Just a blue collar guy and this is definately the sort of organizing and planning reserved for guys in white shirts.

Lots of work ahead as we create SOG's, training, request certificates of waiver, and handle the rest of the details related to implementing such a program.

I did start on the digital for a set of skins already....

We won't be the first in the state to implement such a program but we are the first in the county.

Also, Michigan state police has a $120k drone but they also fly a mavic.

image.jpeg

I am a professional firefighter who happens to own a mavic.

A few weeks ago I put together a presentation for the chief about all the ways a drone could improve our department.

He liked the idea so much that last night I made a presentation in front of the city council and they voted to start a UAS program and purchase a mavic pro right away with planning and budget for a matrice 210 in 2018.

Lots of work ahead as we create SOG's, training, request certificates of waiver, and handle the rest of the details related to implementing such a program.

I did start on the digital for a set of skins already....

We won't be the first in the state to implement such a program but we are the first in the county.

Also, Michigan state police has a $120k drone but they also fly a mavic.

View attachment 15599
Nice, I am a wild-land firefighter in Wyoming and use mine for personal after action footage.

Reactions: Zyskman78
Hi Lapeer20m! My name is Doug and my son is working on his Eagle Scout project. He is a professional drone race pilot, and has chosen to start a local FD drone program, train a number of FD personal and give our local fire department a Mavic Pro and ground station. If possible would you be willing to share any of the documentation you may have created around this subject. It would be excellent to see your inside take on how the program should look.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best,
Doug

Hi Lapeer20m! My name is Doug and my son is working on his Eagle Scout project. He is a professional drone race pilot, and has chosen to start a local FD drone program, train a number of FD personal and give our local fire department a Mavic Pro and ground station. If possible would you be willing to share any of the documentation you may have created around this subject. It would be excellent to see your inside take on how the program should look.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best,
Doug

I sent you a pm with my contact details.

Every operator may need to be 107 certified. If so, this would need to be factored into the budget and planning. There is also insurance and liability to be considered.

I don't recall the make/model, but I think DJI has a drone with dual cameras; normal and infra-red. The IR camera would be very valuable for a fire department.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929