DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware .800 Flight restrictions

mpa

Reactions
Its quite clear in plain English in the Release notes that the height of 30 m and distance of 50 m restriction is always enforced "during flight", this is not what was originally described in the prompts before the update, my understanding was that it was only restricted if the user didn't log in for the first time.

Release notes:
For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft

Can any one clarify what it actually means?

DJI are really in self destruct mode if they make there products more and more restrictive. good on you DJI! great business decisions! there are 500 more drone companies waiting to take the throne.

Last edited:
Posted this elsewhere.
Read carefully. Only need login initially after the update,no requirement to keep logging in or have constant internet/ cellular.
No requirement to update as it says you can stay on older firmware.
Too much misinformation going around.

IMG_0138.PNG

a37b10e5dc0a69877e041843f0466be6.jpg

Are we have the same update guys???

Reactions: Archangel
This forces everyone to log on to dji. It is actually a way of forcing everyone to agree to their terrible and legally questionable terms of service, including a reference to void them of being able to be sued, and giving up your rights to class actions.

Reactions: Sjez and Forrest
This forces everyone to log on to dji. It is actually a way of forcing everyone to agree to their terrible and legally questionable terms of service, including a reference to void them of being able to be sued, and giving up your rights to class actions.
They have also happily given you the opportunity to stay with your current firmware OR even downgrade if you so desire.

People are just making a mountain out of a mole here on this issue. I guarantee you that 99.999% of all future purchasers of the Mavic will NOT read the TOS before they make their purchase and they'll be blissfully unaware of these "apparently" terrible and legally questionable TOS.

I updated and everything was fine! Flew 2 short trips, the only major downfall is it reset all of my settings!! so dam annoying!! The last firmware didn't do that?? what gives??

Reactions: Vilco
so what if I have never upgraded my Firmware not DjiGo App? I never connect to the internet with that tablet anyway

so what if I have never upgraded my Firmware not DjiGo App? I never connect to the internet with that tablet anyway
Then nothing changes for you. Ever. Until you upgrade. And even then nothing really changes.

OK... get this. Buckle up y'all. I updated my firmware. Flew my Mavic Pro. JUST like when I flew it yesterday.

I know... I know. I thought something crazy was going to happen but nope.

So no Air Force Interceptors were scrambled; North Korea didn't shoot an ICBM missle at your Mavic; The NSA didn't try to jam your Mavic out of the sky and God didn't send a lightning bolt at you or your Mavic???

WOW - Who knew?

:)

So no Air Force Interceptors were scrambled; North Korea didn't shoot an ICBM missle at your Mavic; The NSA didn't try to jam your Mavic out of the sky and God didn't send a lightning bolt at you or your Mavic???

WOW - Who knew?

:)

They did but he managed to dodge all that.
I have it on video.

But you missed the Alien spaceships chasing his Mavic, plus Godzilla missing it as well.

Holy crap! It's like no one reads anything. This is nothing to freak out about. Just log in once via the internet and you are good to go. I can't believe all this talk of class action law suits and boycotts. Go fly your amazing drone!

Lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys