DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware and Sports Mode, nearly lost my Drone

YUD

Reactions
So i recently updated the firmware, and today after taking off in Sports mode and heading out on a long distance mission in Sportsmode I was able to go on the outbound leg no problems at 17 m/s however when i turned around to come back I was unable to go faster than 6 or 7 m/s with a tailwind, ended up i could not make it back as battery went critical and i ended up having to land in a farmers field. Does anyone know what the issue is? Never happened before update, and i was **** lucky not to loose it today!!!!

Can we take a look at your TXT flight log? If so, please upload it here and post a link back here.

See my link above for instructions.

Attached is txt flight log

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-06-18_[08-05-31].txt
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
You were not able to fly faster than 6 or 7 m/s on the way home since your Mavic was automatically returning home. Next time, cancel RTH and fly back manually if you need to get back to the home point faster. Manually flying back to the home point in sport mode will use more battery power, so you'll want to make sure you turn back when you still have plenty of battery power if that's your plan.

Hi there not sure I completely agree with you, please can you take another look, you will see i was in sport mode when i turned around to come back but it would not go faster than 7, max 9 m/s so i panicked and changed it to RTH home hoping this would improve speed, but as you say this made it worse, and i agree i should have tried again in sports mode but thought i had lots of battery to get back. I will try another flight this weekend not far and do some tests, theres something there.. Thx for your prompt reply.

Hi there not sure I completely agree with you, please can you take another look, you will see i was in sport mode when i turned around to come back but it would not go faster than 7, max 9 m/s
You can tell you were flying into a strong headwind if you check out the CSV data that's linked here. Look at the "Pitch" column at the point where your Mavic was hovering right before you initiated RTH. Other than continuing in sport mode, lowering your altitude might have helped.

Reactions: frankiez
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54