DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware archival

dwallersv

Reactions
Many ideas and issues across several discussions came together in the thought that the community should set up an archive of Mavic firmware so that we can always access older revisions when DJI removes those we'd like to go back to. We already have an unofficial archive of the .400 firmware thanks to adiru's VMWare snapshot of an Assistant 2 session running with .400 firmware loaded.

The community should formalize this, create a storage depot, archive .400 there and any all the later revisions.

This is a call to the community for someone with experience with this sort off thing to take on the project. I'd volunteer, and I know since I'm bringing it up I should, but I simply do not have the bandwidth to put something like this together right now.

Still, I thought it important to put the idea out there, and if there was someone(s) willing to take it on, we could save more revisions before they get removed by DJI. So, here's the proposal, let's discuss, and hopefully someone can put this together!

Reactions: nhh2811 and wayy510
I agree..... I flew my Mavic for a total of an hour or so when I got it and haven't flew it since due to some personal family issues. Now getting really interested again. I am not even sure what ver. of firmware is in it now but looks like I should really hope it is .400. Just glad I started reading the forums before I fired it up last week and just blindly accepted the updates.

For long time I was part of a team on root phone years ago maybe if we get some help in xda forums someone over there can't help us making an app to downgrade or upgrade

Many ideas and issues across several discussions came together in the thought that the community should set up an archive of Mavic firmware so that we can always access older revisions when DJI removes those we'd like to go back to. We already have an unofficial archive of the .400 firmware thanks to adiru's VMWare snapshot of an Assistant 2 session running with .400 firmware loaded.

The community should formalize this, create a storage depot, archive .400 there and any all the later revisions.

This is a call to the community for someone with experience with this sort off thing to take on the project. I'd volunteer, and I know since I'm bringing it up I should, but I simply do not have the bandwidth to put something like this together right now.

Still, I thought it important to put the idea out there, and if there was someone(s) willing to take it on, we could save more revisions before they get removed by DJI. So, here's the proposal, let's discuss, and hopefully someone can put this together!

Better yet....if you like the firmware, DON'T upgrade it.

The problem is, a user updates his firmware and flies a 3 minute flight and post everything is great and no problems. In the meantime the newbies and semi newbies read the post and take for granted the new update is the best thing going. Then suddenly the guy that originally said all was well with the update flies out to his favorite spot and finds out the video is now lagging, blurry, and freezing up as well as other uncommon issues. And before you know it there is a large group of users that would give anything to be back where they use to be before updating.

As I say, if you're happy.....leave it alone and enjoy it. At a minimum give it 10-14 days before updating to see what all happens along the way.

Reactions: mightyarrow
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929