DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Problem

Reactions
I have an assignement to photograph at Tulsa International airport today. I have all the proper athorizations and was sent the unlock codes from DJI, but in the first initial letter I sent requesting authorization it said not to upgrade the Mavic to version V01.03.0500 because the firmware does not support unlock restricted zones. Two weeks prior to asking for this unlock I downloaded the latest version, as always, this version! Am I really out of luck and have to pass on this assignment until they finally put out the new firmware update?

I believe that you can upload earlier versions to roll back your installation, the snag is I don't know how exactly you do that, but it gives you something to work on while waiting for a more exact answer.
I'd start by going to the DJI site and looking for their download page.

Later: It looks as though you have to use DJI Assistant 2 to do this, not just reaching the DJI site through your web browser.

Regards.

Last edited:
I have an assignement to photograph at Tulsa International airport today. I have all the proper athorizations and was sent the unlock codes from DJI, but in the first initial letter I sent requesting authorization it said not to upgrade the Mavic to version V01.03.0500 because the firmware does not support unlock restricted zones. Two weeks prior to asking for this unlock I downloaded the latest version, as always, this version! Am I really out of luck and have to pass on this assignment until they finally put out the new firmware update?

Can you use DJI Assistant to downgrade firmware back to .400?

I've never downgraded, but I believe the process is the same as a DJI Assistant upgrade: Hook the RC to the computer with Assistant on it through the USB port in the RC's side, turn on the RC, then turn on the Mavic. Then, open DJI Assistant, log in as yourself, select the Mavic's RC, and as long as the Mavic is connected to the controller, which is connected to the computer, they should both be able to be up/downgraded.

If there's more to it than this, I wish you luck and hopefully success. Actually I do either way, because dang... that's an awkward situation to wind up in.

I believe that you can upload earlier versions to roll back your installation, the snag is I don't know how exactly you do that, but it gives you something to work on while waiting for a more exact answer.
I'd start by going to the DJI site and looking for their download page.

Later: It looks as though you have to use DJI Assistant 2 to do this, not just reaching the DJI site through your web browser.

Regards.
Sounds simple enough, although I have spent many hours trying to find how to download DJI Assistant 2 on my Mac. Any suggestions or better still directions on how to get DJI Assistant 2?

You can downgrade from the app (GO4), from the opening page where the three lines are, tap and hold the three lines for five seconds or so and you will get a menu to downgrade firmware.
Regards,
-d.

Press and hold may be a better description (three lines in the top right corner, where the simulator is) you have to have the drone and rc on.
Regards,
-d.

You can downgrade from the app (GO4), from the opening page where the three lines are, tap and hold the three lines for five seconds or so and you will get a menu to downgrade firmware.
Regards,
-d.
BRILLIANT!!! Why is not everything just that easy! Thank You, Thank You so very much, it is downloading now!

That's GO4 sorted, but you were asking earlier about Assistant 2.
I don't run an Apple machine myself, but I thought I'd seen their files on a DJI page.
Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads scroll down to the downloads section. It says it's version 1.1.0, but whether you get that version, or a later version, is something you will have to check. I raise this doubt because on the iTunes page they are apparently offering you v1.1.29 (released 6th Feb 2017).

Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803