DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update 01.03.0200 won't progress

Chris J

Reactions
Turned on my Mavic this morning because the sun came out for a few minutes but it told me it needed an update. No problem, it happens with new products. Sucks that you can't fly until the update is complete, but that's a separate discussion.

I told it to proceed with the update which it said would take approx 30 minutes. I've now been staring at this screen for over 30 minutes and it appears to have not even started yet. No progress on the "downloading" bar at the bottom, and if I hit the back button up top it says updating firmware, please wait. The screen specifically says not to power off, but my battery is going to die eventually. Curiously, the controller tells me I'm ready to go.

Anyone else have issues with today's update?

Attachments

• 20170121_111750.jpg
    20170121_111750.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 43
Turned on my Mavic this morning because the sun came out for a few minutes but it told me it needed an update. No problem, it happens with new products. Sucks that you can't fly until the update is complete, but that's a separate discussion.

I told it to proceed with the update which it said would take approx 30 minutes. I've now been staring at this screen for over 30 minutes and it appears to have not even started yet. No progress on the "downloading" bar at the bottom, and if I hit the back button up top it says updating firmware, please wait. The screen specifically says not to power off, but my battery is going to die eventually. Curiously, the controller tells me I'm ready to go.

Anyone else have issues with today's update?
I would power every thing down and start the process over.
Be sure you have a good internet connection. Be sure to clear all apps running in the background. Once the update starts, it may hang at about 70%.
Not to worry. Just restart the Mavic and controller only. Do not close the Go App. The update should finalize. Don't forget to update any extra batteries you may have.
Good Luck. DM..

Thank you sir, I did as you recommended and the update now appears to be progressing.

So are you saying the same process needs to be repeated with each battery that I have installed?

Thank you sir, I did as you recommended and the update now appears to be progressing.

So are you saying the same process needs to be repeated with each battery that I have installed?
The battery that is in the aircraft during the main update will have already been updated. The process for updating other batteries is rather quick.
Place battery to be updated in the aircraft. Turn everything on.
If you do not see the update screen in Go that states inconsistent firmware found, enter camera view, then tap on the DJI logo and the screen will revert back to main screen where you will see that message.
Just move the slider to the right to update the battery.
Do the same for all of your other batteries.
Good luck and happy flying. Be sure to do a compass calibration before first flight on new FW.
DM..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya