DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update 0600 fail

Jaysjob

Reactions
Well the honeymoon is over. Installed 0600 update and have a TON of issues. Slow, unstoppable gimbal roll to the left, can't calibrate the imu or the compass among others. I hoping it just a bad install. Reinstalling now. More later.

Update: Nope. Reinstall of 0600 didn't help. Now downgrading to 0550 my last stable upgrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSW1968
Which mobile device jay?

Reactions: Jaysjob
CP I'm using a iPad mini but even without the connection to the controller I still get the same problems.

Reactions: Dronerdude
Update: Nope. 0550 gets to 24% then freezes then bumps the install to 10%. Rinse and repeats. Let's see if I can get 01.03.0500 to load...

Ok. I'm safely back to 0500. Not sure what to do next? If I got a bad download can I redownload another update? My iPad mini in the DJI app says firmware update 0600 is downloaded. Not sure. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

I've isolated the problem. I found this by doing the firmware update on my iPhone. I can update to 600 and everything is fine until I shut everything down on the iPhone and Mavic and start up again. I then get this weird slow tilt of the gimbal to the left. It can be easily seen on the DJI app screen as it tilts past 45 degrees to almost a 90 degree angle. Sometimes it slowly starts back to level but not always and it never comes back to completely level. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this is or why it is happening? It only happens with the 01.03.0600 firmware update. Thanks!

Just upgraded to .600, no issues. Have not flown yet, but upgrade went well. Checking settings now. Make sure you have the latest DJI GO App version first - a new version came out yesterday.

I've isolated the problem. I found this by doing the firmware update on my iPhone. I can update to 600 and everything is fine until I shut everything down on the iPhone and Mavic and start up again. I then get this weird slow tilt of the gimbal to the left. It can be easily seen on the DJI app screen as it tilts past 45 degrees to almost a 90 degree angle. Sometimes it slowly starts back to level but not always and it never comes back to completely level. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this is or why it is happening? It only happens with the 01.03.0600 firmware update. Thanks!

Have you tried calibrating the gimbal? Failing that being a fix, perhaps there was a glitch in the update. You may have to resort to using Assistant 2 on a PC, reset back to factory default and then update again.

Tip, I find my upgrades go a lot smoother and faster if I upgrade using DJI Assistant2 but just ug in the Mavic only with controller off then I upgrade the controller on its own.
If I try with both on the upgrade seems to hang when controller restarts or the upgrade says finished but asks to update again when starting drone. So now I just do one at a time and all goes perfectly. Im now on .600 and have not found any problems as yet. Its fixed and improved a lot of problems that .500 and .550 had.

You could try in settings, ghanging gimbal from FPV to Follow or visa versa to see if it makes a difference.

Have you tried calibrating the gimbal? Failing that being a fix, perhaps there was a glitch in the update. You may have to resort to using Assistant 2 on a PC, reset back to factory default and then update again.

Yes Jenee. I tried calibration on the imu and the compass. No joy. I considered using the assistant but my work around of starting the DJI app last seems to be holding. I did a tiny then bigger and bigger test flight yesterday and today. It seems to fly ok. I did notice in Sport mode the Fixed wing setting is VERY jumpy but that is another issue. Thank you for the suggestions! I really appreciate it!

Tip, I find my upgrades go a lot smoother and faster if I upgrade using DJI Assistant2 but just ug in the Mavic only with controller off then I upgrade the controller on its own.
If I try with both on the upgrade seems to hang when controller restarts or the upgrade says finished but asks to update again when starting drone. So now I just do one at a time and all goes perfectly. Im now on .600 and have not found any problems as yet. Its fixed and improved a lot of problems that .500 and .550 had.

Thank you for the reply Dragonfly. I am going to try using the assistant on the next upgrade. Hopefully it will straighten some things out. I haven't had any problems until the 600 update. If it still seems glitchy I might just back it down to 550 and use the assistant and try again.

I was saying a few weeks ago how stable it was, downloaded.0600 and it all went to hell. Numerous issues.

Well what kind of modem and router do you have

If you meant me, I use dsl and an apple airport wireless network. I flew again today just a couple of batteries and idk why but some of the issues I was having yesterday seemed to be better. The gimbal screen still rips if I start up in the "wrong" order and it's kind of a pain when changing batteries. I have to shut down the app, turn off the drone, swap the battery, turn on the drone then start the app again. It goes haywire again if I leave the app running while changing the battery.

Since updating to 600 my mavic does the exact same thing as yours. If i snap to portrait mode and then back to landscape it fixes it until next time i restart the mavic. This is obviously a firmware issue. Lets hope there is a fix in the way of updated firmware very quickly.

I updated to 0600 a week ago. All ok until today ............ on start up my cam/gimbal video feed slowly rolled 45 degrees on my screen display. Powered off the drone and then powered on again and camera feed was perfectly level. Im starting to think the latest 0600 firmware has a gimbal bug............

Since updating to 600 my mavic does the exact same thing as yours. If i snap to portrait mode and then back to landscape it fixes it until next time i restart the mavic. This is obviously a firmware issue. Lets hope there is a fix in the way of updated firmware very quickly.

Yep. Mine is still not right. I hope DJI knows about this. I'll update you if I learn anything and would appreciate it if you could do the same. Cheers.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO