DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update conundrum.

GlenT

Reactions
I just plugged in my 3rd battery in preparation for a flight test and the Go 4 app said an update was required. I was under the impression I had already performed the latest update two days ago, although this is the first time this battery has been used. The update took much longer than the last one, all 145Mgb.
Anywho, upon restarting, the Mavic is now making a constant soft clicking sound from the sonar sensors (didn't do this before) and the bottom half of the display is green. The top half is rather pixelated and very laggy.
How do you perform a firmware backdate?20170103_151136.jpg
Cheers.

Thats normal .. each battery will need updating as well as the drone and RC.

I did all three of my batteries.

As for the clicking mine has always done this when powering on.

Try resetting everything ie power off etc and that should solve the green screen.

You can down grade via the app.

Hmm, yeah I thought it might want to update the 3rd battery that's why I plugged it in before I wanted to head out and use it. It did the full 145Meg download again though, surely it doesn't need to do this for all the batteries with each update? It's odd the clicking has only just started. I have already re started the Mavic, even let her cool down as she got warm during the update but this didn't change anything. I'l fire her up again and see what transpires.

Also when the mavic is powered on if it is close to any speakers you will here an interference clicking make sure its the mavic clicking and not a nearby speaker :) .... ie mobile, laptop etc

Nope, still got the green screen.
It doesn't change when switching from camera/video either.
Weird. I just took a photo and the recorded image is fine. It's just the on screen display is funky.

Nope, still got the green screen.
It doesn't change when switching from camera/video either.
Weird. I just took a photo and the recorded image is fine. It's just the on screen display is funky.

Have you tried another cable ? And there is not a cable plugged into the side conector on the remote ?

I just plugged in my 3rd battery in preparation for a flight test and the Go 4 app said an update was required. I was under the impression I had already performed the latest update two days ago, although this is the first time this battery has been used. The update took much longer than the last one, all 145Mgb.
Anywho, upon restarting, the Mavic is now making a constant soft clicking sound from the sonar sensors (didn't do this before) and the bottom half of the display is green. The top half is rather pixelated and very laggy.
How do you perform a firmware backdate?View attachment 3437
Cheers.

I'm not sure downgrading is the answer but DJI has a tutorial.

Yeah I'm using the USB port underneath since it's an iPad Mini. It was working fine the other day.
I've unplugged the cable and re inserted a few times.
It appears to be a signal issue, as when I walk around (including outside the house) the image can become better. Still very very laggy at best. And also the recorded still image I took is fine.

Okay. After trying to change some camera settings in the app which it wouldn't allow me to do I thought it might be an app issue. Rather than just put the iPad into sleep mode as I had been doing I fully powered the iPad down and restarted. This seems to have fixed the funky screen. The sonar clicking is still there, but if it's normal on this new firmware, then I'll have to live with it.
Thanks James and Anthony for your input.

The sonar click is totally normal

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Okay thanks. It is odd that it didn't make any sound until this new update. Maybe DJI tweaked the frequency of the sensors in the firmware so that now we can hear them?
It seems the first time I used the Mavic the firmware update didn't complete properly as I'm sure it was the same number as the one I did yesterday. It updated the 3rd battery separately (as I was expecting) it's just that it re did the main FW update first when I was expecting just a battery update. I was hoping to get more flights in (only done two so far, one battery to test basic flight settings out in an empty sports field then another partial battery getting some images) as we're heading on holiday tomorrow and will have limited to no internet.
I want to ensure everything is just right, all updates are done and I can put more trust in the Mavic. The weather is not great at the moment. I took it down to the harbour yesterday to shoot the Ovation of the Seas cruise ship leaving but it started to rain as she left Grr!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo