DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update failure

Sundown

Reactions
Updates through the Go App failed at 73% uninstalled the app and it failed again at the same level.

Tried with the assistant app. Managed to get the remote updated. Now the drone wont update beyond 55% it failed. Uninstalled and reinstalled the assistant. Stuck at the same point.

Then tried updating the drone to the lower firmware and same issue.

Help

This is fresh out of the box. I want to fly this darn thing.

Did it prompted you to update 1st time you turned it on? just wondering coz mine never prompted me.

Updates through the Go App failed at 73% uninstalled the app and it failed again at the same level.

Tried with the assistant app. Managed to get the remote updated. Now the drone wont update beyond 55% it failed. Uninstalled and reinstalled the assistant. Stuck at the same point.

Help

Help

When it wouldn't update the first time did you shut everything down, reboot, & try again? The updates get hung up sometimes but then it will work on later attempts. Most people have success with the Assistant so I'd shut everything down & try again. Some people advise booting up the computer/phone - remote - bird in that order.

I've uninstalled everything. Restarted everything. Its hung on the assistant at 73 again. Full restart on everything and recharge on controller. Ill try go app again

Android and windows here. Okay. Finally got it to work. Had to manually upgrade the remote with the assistant app. After installing and uninstalling the assistant have three or four times still have failures on the computer. Took probably five or six attempts with the Go4 app to get the Drone updated. The batteries would not update with the go app. Plugging them into computer took care of that though

Help

HI!! I understand you because I had the exactly the same problems with DJI GO app and with assistant 2. Mine is fresh out of the box too. The original FW installed on my Drone was 0.300

After approximately 20 failed attempts and a lot battery used :( - (10 in DJI´s GO app and 10 in assistant 2 - After restarting it many times and deleted the SD many times too) I contacted DJI support but I was very disappointed because DJI told me that I will have to sent the aircraft to the repair center in California....

But today I decided to update just 0.400 FW first in the Mavic instead of running directly the 0.500 update via Assistant 2 but with a different USB cable and an different SD card from my phone... And it works!! Well, at least it passes 55% and then it stops at 86%.

I was worried because it stops at 86% during 15 minutes but then I found a post from someone in this website who has the same problem and he just restarted the Drone and the assistant program in the computer by hard and then he reconnected everything and selected update again. I did that too, an in works!. The update continues from 86% up to the end!!!!

Then, I updated normally to.0500 FW and it was fine. No errors!

Please try to change the USB cable and SD card (Btw, it was Not necessary to format the SD CARD wich contains many personal information) . Then, If you be able to pass 55% and it stops at 86 %, please restart the Drone and assistant 2 by hard, reconnect everything and then select "update" again... It will continues from 86% up to 100%

At the end, I just put back the original SD and everything seems to be fine.

PD. First make the update for the FW 0.400 and then 0.500 on the Drone via Assistant 2 V.1.09. Do it step by step. Finally update the controller to separately direct from assistant 2 -

*** BEFORE FLIGHT MAKE SURE YOUR MAVIC PRO AND YOUR CONTROLLER ARE RUNNING THE SAME FW NUMBER (0.500 OR 0.400 depending on what you prefere, BUT SAME FIRMWARE VERSION)

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions! Sorry for my English, I´m from a a Latin America County

Last edited:
Reactions: mig25
While upgrading firmware I tried to uninstall and re-install app on my Samsung phone and it did not change much. Upgrade has three phases: download, copy from phone to the drone, upgrade. Most of the time the first step gets stuck, the download. I had to restart this process about 100 times, as it would download 1% at a time and then freeze again. So, be patient, try to get through the download phase, once you are done with download the other two will go smoothly, yet slowly. Interrupting download is no big deal, downloaded pieces are stored on your phone and when you restart the upgrade it will resume from the point where it was frozen (most likely).
When it comes to restarting everything, I tried that too, but then I would restart only the app, and it worked as well.
So, patience, friends, you will get there.
Best!
GO.

I'm having no luck - have tried phone and app/ MacBook pro/ iMac and different USB cable. No luck updating - I get a message about incompatibility. I have flown though with the different firmware on controller and mavic. Would an IMU reset help? How do you do that?

I have the same issue. Right out of box, fully charged batteries. Once I powered up the remote and drone the Go4 app says to update. Update goes smoothly to 76% then hangs. The drone will restart at that point, shortly after I get update failed msg. I have tried every solution suggested on the dji website. 1st several updates tried using phone (Samsung S8+), then using laptop (*windows7) and the DJI assistant app, same exact result. (*tried that several times too).
Next I tried updating the remote and drone seperately. Remote has no problem, drone fails every single time.

Any suggestions?

I think I'll try to reboot the app when it fails and see if I can get it to simply continue the previous failed attempt.
Will also try updating the batteries individually as well and see if that helps.

Very frustrating for a first time drone pilot. But sure is fun to fly.

I have the same issue. Right out of box, fully charged batteries. Once I powered up the remote and drone the Go4 app says to update. Update goes smoothly to 76% then hangs. The drone will restart at that point, shortly after I get update failed msg. I have tried every solution suggested on the dji website. 1st several updates tried using phone (Samsung S8+), then using laptop (*windows7) and the DJI assistant app, same exact result. (*tried that several times too).
Next I tried updating the remote and drone seperately. Remote has no problem, drone fails every single time.

Any suggestions?

I think I'll try to reboot the app when it fails and see if I can get it to simply continue the previous failed attempt.
Will also try updating the batteries individually as well and see if that helps.

Very frustrating for a first time drone pilot. But sure is fun to fly.

Well this is pretty much me just talking to myself so what the point...

Thanks for the lack of help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11