DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FIRMWARE UPDATE. Is this a moral issue?

mavic6611

Reactions
We can all appreciate the geofencing "Safety issue" etc!

I don't particularly have an issue with the update if I'm to be honest..

However..

Its of my opinion that if we buy a product, we shouldn't then be forced to update it and hand over further details or we will be penalised and lose features of the product we purchased initially.
That's just wrong.

Whats your thoughts?

Reactions: peter.simons.583
Just like many others on here, you're over thinking this.

Your not forced to update and you don't have to hand over any more details.

Reactions: Clinton1
We're you concerned with the restrictions in place before you bought it and had to perform the on line registration?

People have already updated and are having no issues. People that have not updated, including myself, are not having any issues they didn't have before. Give up on the forced update or loose features thing already. Its not true.

People have already updated and are having no issues. People that have not updated, including myself, are not having any issues they didn't have before. Give up on the forced update or loose features thing already. Its not true.
I can not update my android. You said you have your update. IOS ? or Android. Thanks

We're you concerned with the restrictions in place before you bought it and had to perform the on line registration?
I'm not sure of the relevance of your questions? The issue is being forced or have a downgraded aircraft

Fantastic so just to confirm, if I don't update I won't have limited height. Distance and live camera feed? That would be great if what you're saying is accurate. Have I got it wrong then yeah?

Fantastic so just to confirm, if I don't update I won't have limited height. Distance and live camera feed? That would be great if what you're saying is accurate. Have I got it wrong then yeah?
Yes you have it wrong. The restrictions are only if you update and then not re activate. I have taken mine out this morning with the update available but not installed and my Mavic has flown like it always had.

Reactions: jwjonesjr
I'm not sure of the relevance of your questions? The issue is being forced or have a downgraded aircraft

The relevance is there were flight restrictions in place before you purchased it that you had no issues with.
There are no restrictions as long as you perform an update that offers more features and more granular control over no fly zones (which is better for us), and you still have the option of not doing the updates.

Just no flight records only thing I see by not updating.

Yes you have it wrong. The restrictions are only if you update and then not re activate. I have taken mine out this morning with the update available but not installed and my Mavic has flown like it always had.

The question is... will it in the coming months, with the update only coming out today.. not everybody has the time to update straight away.. so there has to be a time allowance made for those who wish to do update and re sign in to activate app, being given time to do so.

Guess we will have to wait and see.......

The flight restrictions where less than they are with this update though aren't they?
Isn't that the point I'm making?!
Should we have a choice if we want to update or not like all the previous updates?!
Otherwise it's having to update by force which is a moral issue isn't it?

Reactions: jwjonesjr
The relevance is there were flight restrictions in place before you purchased it that you had no issues with.
There are no restrictions as long as you perform an update that offers more features and more granular control over no fly zones (which is better for us), and you still have the option of not doing the updates.

The flight restrictions where less than they are with this update though aren't they?
Isn't that the point I'm making?!
Should we have a choice if we want to update or not like all the previous updates?!
Otherwise it's having to update by force which is a moral issue isn't it?

So to clarify as I'm a little bit confused.. I don't have to update then? And if I don't then I'll still have same ceiling height, distance and live camera feed?

So to clarify as I'm a little bit confused.. I don't have to update then? And if I don't then I'll still have same ceiling height, distance and live camera feed?
Correct. You do not have to update. But if you do update and follow the re activation steps the restrictions placed on it by the update will be lifted.

Reactions: mavic6611

That is correct. The restrictions only come into play should you do the update and then not do the re register.

Reactions: mavic6611
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7