DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware update issue

romarnv

Reactions
Just installed latest firmware, devices and batteries all match, I selected Imperial in sttings, yet in altitude & distance settings it says meters. My view on the go app reads imperial. Anyone know how to correct the issue?

Thanks

Sounds like the app is stuck on stupid. Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. (If you want to keep your logs, make sure you sync them first)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The altitude and distance settings are always displayed/entered in meters. There is no way to change that.

The altitude and distance settings are always displayed/entered in meters. There is no way to change that.

Not true. You can set it in the app once connected to the drone and set it for imperial (foot vs meters). Works on both mavic and Phantom. Works great on mine. I did have this very same issue, so I deleted the app and reinstalled it, and rechanged the settings to imperial and boom. Done.

Not true. You can set it in the app once connected to the drone and set it for imperial (foot vs meters). Works on both mavic and Phantom. Works great on mine.
To clarify, I was referring to the following settings:

Meters.jpg

Why oh why do some of. these people ask a question or make comments that contradict things you tell them MIke? It amazes me! This guy and jwelz come to mind. Just want to let you know I appreciate your offerings!

I'm not sure. Perhaps @ooberwoot will come back and explain.

More importantly why are some setting imperial and some metric? If you switch it should all switch

More importantly why are some setting imperial and some metric?
The settings in my screenshot above have always been shown in metric. I'm not sure why DJI chooses to keep them as-is when the units are switched.

Last edited:
The settings in my screenshot above have always been shown in metric. I'm not sure why DJI chooses to keep them as-is when the units are switched.

Mine as well. No disputing that. Just stating that there are other settings that allow users to set imperial/metric. No harm no foul. We both were talking about 2 different things. [emoji106]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji