DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Update Issues

OCsurfer411

Reactions
Just got my Mavic Pro yesterday.

Installed Assistant 2. It can see both my remote and my Mavic Pro. However, when I go to the Firmware Tab, it gives me the in-progress circle for a minute or so, and says "Unable to Load Firmware List" with a link to please retry.

I get the same message whether I'm connected to the Remote or the Mavic. I'm running Windows 10 and have full broadband access.

Any advice?DJI Assistant 2 FW error.JPG

Don't bother with the Assistant, it's filled with bugs. Update all firmware with the DJI GO App on your phone or tablet.

Thanks. My phone app shows "Latest Firmware" but I occasionally get a "Firmware Mismatch" error on the phone when I fly. Is there something special I need to do to get my phone to update the Mavic (do I need to USB between the two? Or will it do it wirelessly?

Here are instructions for installing updates via DJI GO:

Thanks. My phone app shows "Latest Firmware" but I occasionally get a "Firmware Mismatch" error on the phone when I fly. Is there something special I need to do to get my phone to update the Mavic (do I need to USB between the two? Or will it do it wirelessly?
It maybe a mismatch between your controller and your aircraft or if the firmware dump contains battery firmware you will need to insert each of your batteries in turn to update the battery firmware.

Thanks everyone. Yes I have 3 batteries and no I haven't gone through to make sure all 3 batteries have the latest firmware. I shall do that now.

Yes I have 3 batteries and no I haven't gone through to make sure all 3 batteries have the latest firmware.
That would explain it then. After starting up your Mavic, go back to the home screen in DJI GO and wait for the following message to appear:

InconsistentFirmware.png

alright so a few other observations. The ios version of DJI Go seems much more stable than the android version.

But I have another problem. I installed DJI Go on my iPad Air 2 and it fired up fine. It detected my Mavic needed a FW update, so I hit the button. It started downloading then paused. Started it again and it paused. Rinse and repeat 20 times and it took like 5 minutes just to go to 3%, then stalled again. I checked my internet connection at the house and it's fine. When I hit "Release Notes" it opens the tab and nothing loads. I'm thinking this is the DJI site.

alright so a few other observations. The ios version of DJI Go seems much more stable than the android version.

But I have another problem. I installed DJI Go on my iPad Air 2 and it fired up fine. It detected my Mavic needed a FW update, so I hit the button. It started downloading then paused. Started it again and it paused. Rinse and repeat 20 times and it took like 5 minutes just to go to 3%, then stalled again. I checked my internet connection at the house and it's fine. When I hit "Release Notes" it opens the tab and nothing loads. I'm thinking this is the DJI site.
I just updated mine a few minutes ago and it went fine. Don't think it's the DJI site. I had a little trouble at first and learned that each time you try to upgrade and encounter an issue you have to shut everything down and go through the whole connection sequence again or the app won't trigger the upgrade.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98