DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update stuck.

I'm not exactly sure what I did but my mavic finally showed 1.03.0400 after leaving the drone without a battery in it for several hours. DJI-A showed the update applied when I went to attempt updating with fully charged devices. (This was after the GO 4 app said the update failed). I went back to the GO4 app and it also showed the update applied. I changed batteries and it updated 1 of the 3, assuming 2 already updated. No more mismatch warnings in GO 4 prior to flight and no message in Assistant. So I guess I'm magically good to go.
Awesome! glad u got it sorted.

Hello,

I had the same exact problem - firmware upgrade stuck on 73% in android go4 app and I also tried DJI assistant where it stucked at 55%. I tried upgrading it 20th - nothing helped. But I did one desperate thing which was simply shuting down the mavic during the upgrade process by turning off the battery and turning it on immediately (1 minute after it was stuck at 73% in android app) without touching controller and without touching anything on the GO4 app - and it magically continued upgrading.

Mine stopped at 39%,the remote stopped saying uploading and said ready to fly.
The phone never changed from 39% for 40 minutes, I had to switch everything off in the end.
I restarted everything and it never said any updates required. This was the first update it's had only arrived yesterday fingers crossed it's the app at fault. The drone switched on and off a couple of times during the update before it said ready to fly.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Mine stopped at 39%,the remote stopped saying uploading and said ready to fly.
The phone never changed from 39% for 40 minutes, I had to switch everything off in the end.
I restarted everything and it never said any updates required. This was the first update it's had only arrived yesterday fingers crossed it's the app at fault. The drone switched on and off a couple of times during the update before it said ready to fly.

This is interesting - I unboxed my new Mavic last night, charged up all the batteries, and then tried the update, using the Go4 app. The download worked fine over my iPhone, but the upgrade hung at 39% as well. I turned everything off after about 20 minutes. Tried hooking up to the computer app, but wasn't recognized there. Reconnected to Go4, where it remained at 39%. I went to bed, came back this morning and the batteries were really low on everything. I turned everything back off again and am recharging - including the drone battery, since I don't want to change out a bat in the middle of this.

Once everything is charged back up I'll see if it restarts like yours did, or if some sort of restart/reset is needed. Pretty frustrating!

I was trying to refresh last night and my battery died. Was only on 55% when the battery went from full charge to empty in 30 ish minutes. How long should the refresh in the DJI assistant take? I was actually hoping my computer would keep the Mavic charged as it ran the update!

Well mine before it got to 39% clicked the propellers a couple of times then the remote said ready to fly. I think when it says that the update is done. I think that took about 20 minutes.

Well mine before it got to 39% clicked the propellers a couple of times then the remote said ready to fly. I think when it says that the update is done. I think that took about 20 minutes.

My drone battery was all charged up, and I got a 60% charge on my controller this morning, so I started it all up again. The system went right through all its checks and booted into Ready to Go mode! I then shut it off and plugged in a different battery, which apparently didn't need any updates. Looks like I'm good to go. When the weather improves a bit I'll take it out for it's (and my!) maiden flight.

Thanks for the reassurance, guys, that an update hang doesn't mean your expensive new drone has turned into a brick!

A similar tale here, new out the box and it requested I update firmware, tried 4 times, switching power off between takes. Always failed at 73%. I'll try doing it via assistant and post how I get on.

My update - went to 100% and then on my iPhone stuck at 0% on the second bit. I turned everything off and when back on - no firmware update was required - and status was ok. Am I to assume this is OK ?

My update - went to 100% and then on my iPhone stuck at 0% on the second bit. I turned everything off and when back on - no firmware update was required - and status was ok. Am I to assume this is OK ?

Mine did that except stuck at 39% on the phone, but working fine. I did the last update and that updated properly 100% on the phone.

I just got mine yesterday. Mine won't let me fly. It keeps saying it needs a firmware update. I go to update and it continues to download version 01.03.0500. I've done it all afternoon now. Probably 8 times at least. It's like it never installs.

I tried the Windows app and it won't connect. Does anyone have a clue or can help me? Seriously ready to send it back to Amazon. This is utterly ridiculous.

Courtney2018
I'm sorry to hear about your similar issue, I can only repeat to try the advice above. Use the latest version of assistant, and use an Ethernet cable directly from PC to Router port Dji support had me reformat the sea card also.. Other than that, like me, send it back. You have 14 days since purchase to get a replacement from DJI. I believe there is definitely an issue here, that DJI have to address. I do countless firmware upgrades to iP phones and Cisco routers, as part of my job, and do not have the issues I had with the drone. Anyhow best of luck, because having waited patiently for it to arrive, the last thing you want to do is send it back, and wait another month or two, as in my case, for a replacement.

My update got stuck at 86% in Assistant 2. Restarted the drone and program and needed to connect/reconnect a few times. After a few minutes the drone showed up in Assistant 2 with the latest firmware and a - in the name.

I then restarted the upgrade and it finished.
Thanks!!! It works!! Finally!

I received my Mavic today and had the 39% stuck problem using an iPhone and the GO 4 app. I just powered down the Mavic and closed/restarted the app and everything is in working order after restarting.

Reactions: philh24
Grrr. Just ran into firmware update fail and it caused my battery to go into double green Blinky mode where it won't turn off the drone at all. Can't restart drone to restart the firmware update. Hmmmmmmm what do? I'm currently trying again after restarting just the controller...

First of all, some of these posts are pretty old, so this problem has been going on for some time.
My problem was with V01.04.0100, an important one for me because I wanted the PANO camera mode.
I had no trouble updating the firmware in my Mavic and controller when I got it a month ago, but now I have had trouble finishing downloading the latest update. It was stuck at 46%. I tried shutting everything down and restarting - no help.
Next I tried using DJI Assistant 2 on my Windows 7 PC, which worked for the drone itself, but the computer software doesn't recognize the controller. Fortunately, the controller was running low on battery power, so I disconnected it from the iPhone 7 I use as a dedicated viewer to charge it and, low and behold, the iPhone finished its download. When I reconnected the iPhone to the controller I was able to update the controller.
Of course, I had to repeat the update for all five batteries I own. Lastly, I need to check to see if my goggles got updated in the process. I don't see anything on the menu to tell me what version firmware is installed - anyone know how to check this?

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread but this is happening to me now. Just inherited a Mavic pro. Has original firmware and tried to update it. I have asst 2 and it hangs on 5% or less. I'm not going for the most current update because it stated once updated you cant go backwards on it. So im trying to update the AC and the RC separately. I have the RC upgraded one firmware but the bird just hangs

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO