DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update to .600 stopped at 51%

natkins

Reactions
First time powering up the mavic I get a firmware update alert. No problem, I've read about that a lot.

Using the DJI GO app I start the process. Seems to take a bit longer than expected (30 min just to download). Download finishes and installation starts. Here's where it get strange... DJI GO app displays 51% complete, the mavic aircraft does the reset shuffle when it restarts (blinking lights and prop jitter), the controller restarts and displays "READY TO GO". But the app on the phone is stuck at 51%!

I left everything powered on and left it for almost 2 hours. Nothing changed. Eventually I had to do a hard shutdown because the batteries were getting low.

Upon restart, the DJI GO app shows I have the .600 firmware installed and everything seems to work ok.

DJI online chat support said I should try the DJI Assistant from a computer to do a firmware update. They instructed me to refresh factory defaults and update from there.

The restore defaults worked fine. The .600 firmware update was listed as "Refresh". Hit that button and again left it for a couple hours. Down to half battery charge (from 100%), the download had only reached 20%. So I had to kill that too.

The mavic seems ok. Boots up, passes all the checks ok, and says i have .600 installed. So the question is - Am I up to date here? Is it possible some bug's been introduced and the mavic is going to crash or fly away because of it? Is there anything I can do to check?

Thanks for any advice!

I would take a two pronged approach.
First try to go back to .0400 firmware on both devices using Assistant2.
If that works then try going back to .0600 on both devices.

If it still fails I would not fly it like that. I would tell them it is defective and get my money back. Then buy a new Mavic from Amazon or BestBuy. Since you have only had it for a couple of days that is the quickest way to get a new one in your hands.

Rob

Reactions: Warwick
Complete noob here, but both devices? So I roll back to .400 on the mavic, unplug it, then do the same with the controller? Then do it again with both devices going back up to .600?

Where do you find the firmware version for the mavic vs the controller? The DJI GO app lists a firmware version, but I assumed that's for both devices. Are they separate?

I also had a problem with .600 upgrades.
I first used the phone to upgrade and it got to 51% and stopped like you.
Then used DJI Assist and it was throwing errors when i was upgrading the drone, tried 5 times.
Rebooted everything, connected the phone and DJI Go informed me that an update was required, let it do it and it completed correctly.

If you use DJI Assist, upgrade drone first then controller. That is what the instructions say.
HTH

P.

UPDATE:

I attempted to update the firmware again last night, ready to follow the suggestions. I ran DJI Assistant, connected the drone to my mac, started the process. The download went pretty slow, got to 23% and failed.

So instead, I disabled wifi on the mac and directly cabled it to the router. BOOM! Download, update, and restart all done inside of 10 minutes at most. Did the same with the controller and got the same zippy response.

So here's my takeaway... Something about the mavic was severely interfering with the wifi signal in my house. Physical connections work better everytime.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters