DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update v01.03.0900

Flew both Mavics with the new firmware update for a total of 2 hrs & 30 minutes today (8 batteries). Flawless flights and no camera issues ;).

Also, with the new DJI go 4 update, does the zoom at 5d button work again?

I forgot to test it yesterday... and I lost one of my landing gears during flight yesterday evening.. WEEEEE

I updated yesterday, took about 15 minutes. I've only had it in the air about 5 minutes in between thunder storms but from what little time I flew, I noticed nothing different.

Updated to .900 and flew 3-4 flights. Twice out of no where, in cloudy weather (no sun) about 250ft up (nothing up there) the obstacle warning kicked in for a split second started beeping fast and scared the crap out of me. The warning only lasted a second, but caught my attention with the fast beeping. I think I'll try and recalibrate the cameras.

Reactions: CopperClub
Updated to .900 and flew 3-4 flights. Twice out of no where, in cloudy weather (no sun) about 250ft up (nothing up there) the obstacle warning kicked in for a split second started beeping fast and scared the crap out of me. The warning only lasted a second, but caught my attention with the fast beeping. I think I'll try and recalibrate the cameras.

maybe a bee or bird flew past the sensor.. it happened to me before, Looked up just in time to see a sparrow zoom pass real close to my mavic head..

Reactions: Rnl
Can anyone confirm that DNGs will now preview on a mac? (Bug introduced in 800)

Bonjour,

No problem previewing dng files either using .800 as well, since this morning, .900… Using a MacBook Pro Retina (mid-2012) with Macos 10.11.6
Btw : 2 hours flying time since the FW update, without a glitch !

Best regards from France

JM Balliet

Reactions: Jaysjob
Flew 6 batteries, without issue. Like the ability to control the gimbal in fixed wing mode, icon on go 4 app screen. Looking down at 40mph in fixed wing wearing the goggles brilliant fun.

Not sure what the three AR settings in the goggles do. Will try them next time out.

Android - Note 3. A few app crashes, but restarted without problems.

Seeing as there is nothing really new in this update, I'll pass for now..
It is not uncommon for the programmers to avoid documenting changes to firmwares that involve errors that they made on previous versions, or simply discovered accidentally. I've seen this often over the years on PC BIOS for example.

Most problems are related to the birds and the bees. Some of Mavic's, too.
not to mention the flowers and the trees!

Still was most likely light related. Basically when "in changing light conditions" i.e going in and out of clouds or whatever, the sudden change in light can trigger the obstacle avoidance system. This is why on distance flights I prefer to disable obstacle avoidance as it stays on when in RTH anyway (changeable in the settings) by all means recalibrate vps on assistant 2 on PC but u may have to work around this occasional issue.

Just upgraded by wi-fi and took about 15 minutes . Doesn't look like it changed any of my settings but will check more in abit when I can fly it .
I really don't think I will see any differences but I do stay up to-date just to see what they have done to us . I have not inserted a new battery yet so not sure if it will be like the last where we had to do each one .

Please let this thread stay On Topic for the MP
If you want to discuss the Spark there is a section on it so please no further on it in this.
Consider this a formal warning to all
This thread will be the main one for this upgrade to keep it from being everywhere . Others will be deleted or redirected to here .
Thanks .

Same update experience. Three flights, no settings changed no issues.

Reactions: dirkclod
Looks like we slide by so far this time eh :)

Sorry if this was covered and I missed it, but after the upgrade has anyone figured where and how to change the settings on the DJI Goggles telemetry from Metric to Imperial. If I'm reading the upgrade notes it mentions it

Did ~10 flights on .900, some remarks:
  • Update took a good 20 minutes with DJI go (excluding download time). DJI go offered to "downgrade" from .700 to .900 (yes you read that right). Upon completion I noticed the RC still had .700 and the Mavic had been upgraded to .900, or the other way around, but DJI go didn't complain about that until a few flights later. I'm still using this setup. edit I checked with DJI assistant and despite what DJI go says, both devices have been upgraded to .900
  • Mavic/RC stability is improved overall, no more disconnects, no interference problems.
  • Some settings were reset (max altitude, video) but it looks like some were kept (gimbal, 5D joystick).
  • DJI go is still slow AF and crashes frequently.

Last edited:
Nothing in the updates about it not being compatible with devices listed on the DJI website then !!!! - Bought a Nexus 7 second generation as they recommended it - nothing .............

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stug26