DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update v01.03.0900

I posted on here before when I lost my drone due to the fixed wing firmware. Sent it back paid 180.00 then the .800 firmware came out. Downloaded and very slow speeds and lost gimble. Gimble would start up then look down about 60 degrees. No response to controller. Now a .900 I'm sure to fix a lot of the .800 but then again I believe they sent me a lemon when I used the DJI care/Refresh. I can't seem to catch up with the updates. Every time I turn around there is a new update. I will post the assessment when I find out from DJI, they received my drone yesterday. Hopefully they will install the new firmware and fix the problem. But then again DJI says they will send me a new drone. Not holding my breath!

Following your post I checked out the sparks panorama feature on YouTube and I have to agree that is a great feature. I think we'll get it on mavic soon or later but I will not rush to buy a sparks just for it.

Much cheaper to just buy the Litchi app if all you need is a panoramic feature. Then you get the program a way point mission at home option.

then the .800 firmware came out. Downloaded and very slow speeds and lost gimble. Gimble would start up then look down about 60 degrees. No response to controller.

Typical from an upgrade that didn't went through correctly.
I suggest you replug your Mavic and try to upgrade again, again, and again.
And again again if necessary.

It took me several tries to finally succeed.
The DJI Assistant is a piece of crap that tells you what it wants not relying on real facts (about upgrade going alright or not).

I don't like that the new update resets your settings so noe have 2 remember what sharpness was set before. Also noticed the update makes the app over 1gb in size!

Ahh yeah you wouldn't want to ever upgrade with Coptersafe. I wonder what the latest firmware that it works with is, couldn't find it on their site.

CopterSafe is tying the patch to a computer and a drone. It is not tied to only one firmware. They started with 700, now have 400 and will be doing 800 soon. I suspect they will do 900 too. So you can redo the patch(es) for new firmware or for downgrading firmware. Just need the new patch files.

I am on 700 no patch and I intend to stay there. I am on 4.0.7 DJI Go4 and intend to stay there as well.

If you did not do 800 and 4.1.0 and then update everything to 900 and the latest DJI Go4 is the call home stuff still required? Unless patched the NFZ stuff would kill me as I fly a lot in no service places.

I don't like that the new update resets your settings so noe have 2 remember what sharpness was set before. Also noticed the update makes the app over 1gb in size!

Not sure what you mean by it being over 1gb, cause I updated using using Go4 app on iPhone and it said 260mb, update took about 15 minutes as others said and most settings did not change except max height

Not sure what you mean by it being over 1gb, cause I updated using using Go4 app on iPhone and it said 260mb, update took about 15 minutes as others said and most settings did not change except max height

The reported app size probably includes data - i.e. flight records etc., so can vary considerably. The GO 4 app itself is 270 MB on iPad and 240 MB on iPhone, for example.

Updated on Friday night with go4 app it took around 20 minutes and it stuck for a few seconds around 84% if i remember correctly. Flew 12 batteries since then and no problem whatsoever. Everything perfect! No need to update batteries like .800 (Have 4 of them)
I notice the 4way dji charger has a micro usb port on it. What is it used for? Do we have to update the charger, the baterries, the ac and the rc?

Reactions: QuackerDamus
The charger has two USB slots, one of which has the cable with a micro USB, this is used to charge the RC.
No requirement to update anything other than RC, MP and only batteries when told to.

Just saw new firmware update!
Have anybody try it?
I updated last night and now I have vision issues with the front sensors. I tried recalibrating and it looks like the right sensor isn't working at all. I tried going back to previous versions of firm ware but no change. I can't be sure it's cause and effect but used the magic 15 minutes before the update and it was all good. Sent a note to tech support so well see what they say, but I wouldn't update yet

Still NO update on Android disconnecting/connecting/disconnecting and so on, all the time. :mad:
Shame on you DJI :(

I haven't updated FW since 550. I don't really see a reason to unless they add some new flight modes like on the spark. I'd particularly like to see the "Dronie" mode on the Mavic Pro. But I wouldn't expect to see that added to any FW updates that are still 1.03.xxxx. In software development, the version numbers usually go like [Major change].[minor change].[bug fix].

Reactions: Rnl
The charger has two USB slots, one of which has the cable with a micro USB, this is used to charge the RC.
No requirement to update anything other than RC, MP and only batteries when told to.
I don't mean those two usb ports on the charger. I mean the microusb port on the plastic thing you put your 4 batteries on, to charge them. It has a rubber cover and when you remove it, there is one micro usb port. You can connect it with the pc using this port...

Still NO update on Android disconnecting/connecting/disconnecting and so on, all the time. :mad:
Shame on you DJI :(
I use Android 95% of the time. I do not see this problem. My flight apps, DJIGo4, Litchi, DroneDeploy and Hangar360 stay connected just fine. .900 is just fine as far as I am concerned :)
Might be unique to your Android mobile device and its configuration.

I don't mean those two usb ports on the charger. I mean the microusb port on the plastic thing you put your 4 batteries on, to charge them. It has a rubber cover and when you remove it, there is one micro usb port. You can connect it with the pc using this port...
Maybe you can upgrade all batteries at same time if using the Assistant?
To be honest never thought to look. I do all my updates via wifi through the app.

Reactions: KostasNK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S