DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update v01.03.0900

I don't mean those two usb ports on the charger. I mean the microusb port on the plastic thing you put your 4 batteries on, to charge them. It has a rubber cover and when you remove it, there is one micro usb port. You can connect it with the pc using this port...

It's there for a possible future firmware update of the multi charger.
Just there are none yet

Reactions: Kilrah and KostasNK
Still NO update on Android disconnecting/connecting/disconnecting and so on, all the time. :mad:
Shame on you DJI :(

If you are having connect/disconnect/crashing issues with your Android, you can either wipe your device and start w/ a fresh Android build, or get a dedicated 8" tablet like I did. Its just the specific Android device you are using. Its mostly happening to folks who simply use their everyday phone for their drone.

However I actually have had a couple of the gimbal "spazz-out" issues where the Mavic lights shut off then on (no app crash tho) and the gimbal suddenly loses focus and drops down and to the left. Mavic stays hovering, and then gimbal tries to reset, and lights on the Mavic seem to "Reset" around this time too . Almost like the drone is reset while hovering in mid-air.

I switch between using an iPad Mini 4 and Samsung Galaxy tab and actually had it happen with both OS's so its not Android specific.

Since switching to dedicated tablets I've had no app crashes though, and the gimbal issue is pretty rare.

I updated last night and now I have vision issues with the front sensors. I tried recalibrating and it looks like the right sensor isn't working at all. I tried going back to previous versions of firm ware but no change. I can't be sure it's cause and effect but used the magic 15 minutes before the update and it was all good. Sent a note to tech support so well see what they say, but I wouldn't update yet

I installed the new firmware and flew several times yesterday. There were no problems, but no noticeable improvements either. Update took the usual 20 minutes.

I updated and flew 3 batteries yesterday with no issues other than precision land was off a bit but I had no calibrated anything before I flew it. Update had no issues via the dji go app. I did have to log in and it prompted me to update my NFZ database. I was on 700 before this.

Reactions: phagerman
I haven't updated FW since 550. I don't really see a reason to....
So long as you are aware of the Landing Protection bug in FW .550 you should be all good.

I wonder if it'll fix the "weak gps" issue we encounter with the iphone7 and then permits the follow me mode.

(still doesn't understand why this issue is kept secret but it is a real issue)

I don't know if you're aware, but turning the phone/remote upside down so the iPhone 7's edge faces up will help you get gps lock to enable follow me for...after that your mileage at vary.

After I did this update, my video panning was choppy....ughhh
Same issue here. Tried calibration, downgrading to .08 and back to .09 and same in both. Was perfect in .08 before latest update. Sent msg to DJI. Hopefully there is a fix.

Just saw new firmware update!
Have anybody try it?
I bought my Mavic a few days ago. Updated the drone and remote control to V01.03.0900 via the DJI assistant 2 on my PC. However, when I prepared the drone for flight, the app on the phone said incompatible firmware on devices. It then downgraded the drone to V01.03.0400. It has done this twice. Does everyone have the same experience? Is the upgrade for the remote control only?

I bought my Mavic a few days ago. Updated the drone and remote control to V01.03.0900 via the DJI assistant 2 on my PC. However, when I prepared the drone for flight, the app on the phone said incompatible firmware on devices. It then downgraded the drone to V01.03.0400. It has done this twice. Does everyone have the same experience? Is the upgrade for the remote control only?

OMG...You are Blessed!

Update with DJIGo4. Quick and simple. Took me 15 min woe to go. No battery updates required. Took a couple of RAW portraits and the blue band is gone. So all good. .

The last FW did require battery updates, so do these updates vary? IE, some do, and some don't?

Did anyone notice any issues related to hovering in place, and holding position after the last (8) update?

To clarify, I don't want to blame the update on my hovering issues, because it could have been based on a slightly hard landing I had. Quad flies fine, just moves up and down 1-3 ft. in hover, when it was previously a 1 ft. swing.

Reactions: flightmike
I just updated to .900 and took a quick TestFlight...Very happy and very stable...Update took 17 minutes to complete through app...

I updated over the weekend myself with no issues. Flew 3 batteries and didn't notice any miscues or any changes really. Using a Samsung Note 4.

Updated just fine - no issues as usual. Flew three batteries. No problems.

Just saw new firmware update!
Have anybody try it?

Tried it yesterday. Video image on iPhone 6+ very bad and laggy. That is to say at a distance of only 150 m away, the image would freeze and then not update for 5 - 10 seconds. Horrible. This at any range. Was there a controller update too? I didn't seem to get it. iPhone was in Airplane mode.

Curiously, the video in the DJI Goggles was perfect and I did 2 take off to landing FPV flights with ranges exceeding VLOS for my spotter. Mild vertigo at times.

Flew the P4P in both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz with no issues. VLOS to 800+ m. (Against the sky hard to see, but against the distant and dark pine/spruce tree line the P4P was quite visible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun