DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0000 Compass Error.

here it is.

I added the one also when it was in repair at DJI , date 23.12. that should be when they tampered with it. not sure though.

That's them.

Dropbox - Filght Records
Thanks, but there is one small problem. :) The .txt isn't the right one. There are two .txts for today's .DAT. During that flight the Mavic went through a motorStop/motorStart sequence which starts a new .txt.. DJIFlightRecord_2016-12-27_[11-58-31].txt is the second of the two .txts. and it starts at time 256. You referenced time 2 mins 33 secs which has to be in the first .txt.

Well this is becoming intetesting, if I upload one of my logs would you be able to compare to germs please? I want to see if I have a similar problem that he had before the repair.

Many thanks

James

Last edited:
well ive just downgraded to the previous firmware , all seems to be fine again, Full throttle sports mode. I did about 10 test runs , going out to around 150m each time.. and not 1 error message came up.

also did a few runs within the compass menu itself!! and all seemed alot more stable then before..

v01.02*****

careful of TBE event when gps switch to atti on this firmware

Check again please. I put all the txt from today on the dropbox
Bottom line is I was unable to find anything in the .DAT or .txt that coincides with the event you described. I'm using this .txt DJIFlightRecord_2016-12-27_[11-53-28].txt At time 153 (i..e 2 mins 33 secs) the Mavic was in GoHome mode travelling at 10 m/s or 36 kph. I thought you had said this event had occurred after a speed of 63 kph.
upload_2016-12-28_6-42-26.png
upload_2016-12-28_6-56-50.png

Maybe we don't have the right time and/or the right flight? It doesn't matter because I'm doubtful there is much I can do to help here. I checked several things that would cause, or be related to, a compass error and didn't find anything. It's quite the mystery actually since your Mavic now has a different Master Controller board yet you still have this same compass error. I don't know which components are still the same.

Reactions: germ
Well this is becoming intetesting, if I upload one of my logs would you be able to compare to germs please? I want to see if I have a similar problem that he had before the repair.

Many thanks

James
I'm not sure what you're looking for. Since @germ s first flight did not use the back compass there is no evidence that the noisy back compass was the cause of the compass error.

btw @BudWalker, it's the wrong txt you have there. crosschecked again ....

2.33m is at the upper blue balloon.
View attachment 3156
But, that's from HealthyDrones where the change from Sport to GPS_ATTI was made. That time was 7 mins 16 secs not 2 mins 33 secs
upload_2016-12-28_8-8-2.png

I'm not sure what you're looking for. Since @germ s first flight did not use the back compass there is no evidence that the noisy back compass was the cause of the compass error.
Oh ok - makes sense. Hopefully somebody else who has had the rear compass issue and has been fixed would be kind enough to upload their before and after logs to compare against mine. Would really like to try and work out if this is hardware or firmware.

HI Guys,

Started receiving this compass error after updating to new firmware. When running in sports mode or the drone is fighting a head wind, Compass 1 becomes erratic and the mavic switches to Compass 2. Has anyone else had this issue?

If I drop back to the previous firmware, the error goes away.

in the screen where you see the Compass IMU Data Cannot be read for Compass 1, before the error occurs, the Green bar for that compass fluctuates before the error shows.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

I've been getting this same compass error message while NOT flying in sports mode. The weird thing is that the error only occurs when the drone is facing a certain direction...mostly towards home position. While hovering, I rotate the drone away from home position, error goes away. When I rotate towards home position, error comes back. And the drone is only approx. 200ft or less AGL and approx. 200ft away from home/controller position.

I've been getting this same compass error message while NOT flying in sports mode. The weird thing is that the error only occurs when the drone is facing a certain direction...mostly towards home position. While hovering, I rotate the drone away from home position, error goes away. When I rotate towards home position, error comes back. And the drone is only approx. 200ft or less AGL and approx. 200ft away from home/controller position.
Sounds like a totally different problem. Could you provide the .DAT from one of these flights? Go here to see how to retrieve the .DAT file. It'll be large so you'll need to Dropbox it and post the link.

Am I right that you posted your .DAT in response to a request that someone else provide their .DAT? I took me a couple of minutes to figure out that this (your) .DAT didn't exhibit any of the symptoms that @dsd317 described.
Did it show anything at all. In regards to this compass errors ?

Hope you get it before Xmas
Not more than me. But, alas, with a middle name of Murphy's Law, it wasn't to be. They shipped it on Monday (12/26) from Carson, CA (to FL). The outbound took 5 days. But with the New Year's holiday, it's now scheduled to arrive on 1/4/17. Oh well...

Sounds like a totally different problem. Could you provide the .DAT from one of these flights? Go here to see how to retrieve the .DAT file. It'll be large so you'll need to Dropbox it and post the link.

Haven't had a chance to retrieve DAT file yet. Will try to do this soon. However, I updated my firmware to v01.03.0200 via DJI Assistant 2 via PC and flew around my work place and had ZERO issues. I'm not sure the update did anything in regards to the compass error thingy because I can't fly in the same locations that I had the errors to replicate the situation.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada