DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0000 Compass Error.

Does anyone know how widespread this problem is? It seems like there only a few of us us that have it. Or are people not too worried by it and don't post?
Just trying to gauge how bad it is and whether DJI would just tell everyone to RMA if its only a select few?

RMA as well, tired of the lies of chat support! I am pretty disappointed with dji their support is real garbage...

RMA as well, tired of the lies of chat support! I am pretty disappointed with dji their support is real garbage...
Yeah , I've no need for my mavic in the next week. And working lates at work.. so won't miss it to much this week and next

Well I sent mine back.

Dji repair centre is repairing/replacing the compass board ..
So seems there is an issue with people getting this problem

Attachments

• IMG_4884.PNG
    IMG_4884.PNG
    402.4 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: leesmavic
Well I sent mine back.

Dji repair centre is repairing/replacing the compass board ..
So seems there is an issue with people getting this problem

Hi there,

i also sent my mavic in for repair because of the same issue. On the DJI forums all the moderators say, this is not a problem and the error messages should be ignored, BUT THAT IS NOT TRUE. You lose your redundancy during flight because of the interference on one compass. You dont have any backup compass any more. They are exchanging my mavic completely, so if you send it in it either gets repaired or you get a new one. Also mathew thomas is getting his repaired, so to me it is obvious that there is an issue but the will not officially admit it!! If you look at the official forums you can find other threads of users who sent it in with this error, all of them are getting repair/exchange. I REALLY ADVISE ANY FELLOW MAVIC PILOTS TO SEND THEIR UNITS IN! To be honest if you have a fly away and your drone damages property or even worse people, you will be the one who has to take responsibility not DJI....

I got my replacement unit back from RMA. No issues with the new unit no matter how fast or hard i fly, no matter if sports or normal mode! No compass redundancy switch/compass error message on FW 1.03.200. In dji go 4 on the sensors tab values never exceed 250 on both compasses. I think this problem is a hw issue, but they do not want to admit it officially,and repair/exchange all units.

I have just got an RMA issued for mine. UPS today and will post here as it progresses.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm waiting on a replacement from Apple, they are sending a brand new unit out. When I receive it I will post the outcome of the new unit

Just got the report back, and it has failed compass 2 calibration, and the whole thing is being replaced under warranty. Glad I sent it in now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just had my first two proper flights with the Mavic today. The compass switch came up on both flights in sport mode..
f528792244368806f6275ea34beb73f9.jpg

Does that mean that I have to return it?

Iphone 7, latest GO, latest FW.. Everything went smooth. I need to extract the .dat I guess?

Thanks!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I just had my first two proper flights with the Mavic today. The compass switch came up on both flights in sport mode..
f528792244368806f6275ea34beb73f9.jpg

Does that mean that I have to return it?

Iphone 7, latest GO, latest FW.. Everything went smooth. I need to extract the .dat I guess?

Thanks!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I'm thinking of returning now. It's been long enough with enough firmware updates between the appearance of the issue. I'm 100% convinced now
That I need to return for repair.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm hopeful that firmware 01.03.0400 has fixed the annoying GPS to ATTI transitions. I've flown about 30 flights on this new firmware with no issue.

This to me is the more important piece. The newest app and firmware only report single compass error / redundancy switch when it happens, and don't litter the screen afterwards. Also the GPS to ATTI transitions could happen on either compass with old FW, the compass number didn't seem to matter. Finally, to force the switch to compass 2 prior to take off, just touch metal object like screwdriver tip to left side of Mavic very close to rear (On flat little surface back there.) for about 2 sec until app shows the compass switch. I've been using this method reliably for many flights.

I'm still hoping the compass board is available to buy/replace ourselves eventually. I'd also love to find a way to make the Mavic prefer one compass over the other. We can always hope for future firmware updates, or some hidden backdoor.

I know everything else on my Mavic works well, and have developed a history... so I'm not quite willing to send it in.

I'm hopeful that firmware 01.03.0400 has fixed the annoying GPS to ATTI transitions. I've flown about 30 flights on this new firmware with no issue.

This to me is the more important piece. The newest app and firmware only report single compass error / redundancy switch when it happens, and don't litter the screen afterwards. Also the GPS to ATTI transitions could happen on either compass with old FW, the compass number didn't seem to matter. Finally, to force the switch to compass 2 prior to take off, just touch metal object like screwdriver tip to left side of Mavic very close to rear (On flat little surface back there.) for about 2 sec until app shows the compass switch. I've been using this method reliably for many flights.

I'm still hoping the compass board is available to buy/replace ourselves eventually. I'd also love to find a way to make the Mavic prefer one compass over the other. We can always hope for future firmware updates, or some hidden backdoor.

I know everything else on my Mavic works well, and have developed a history... so I'm not quite willing to send it in.

That's a good point. It's less chatty. Hard to say what to do. If Its a faulty compass board, having dual compass is an advantage. If DJi do fix if for free then it still might be worth it. I don't like faulty components in my AC. What happens when the second compass fails [emoji23]. Only downside is Unless you have a second Mavic(haha) or drone you sweet outta flying for a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22