DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0400

The upgrade went ok. Took 27 minutes (longest ever) and it seemed to freeze from 20 to 26 minutes at 87% done but it eventually did finish and looks fine.

It did take an exceptionally long time... enough for me to lose the golden hour sunshine I was hoping to shoot in! That said, craft flew very smoothly in fairly substantial gusts. Using Cinespace D at -1-1-1 with a polar pro ND 16 Polarizer at 24 fps Shutter @ 50 100 ISO.. colors were beautiful with enough range for color grading tweaks. Love using tripod mode for smooth tracking, trucking and crabbing shots! This is one cool bird!

On my way back to 1.3.00 i can no longer use wifi to connect
I had the same problem using dji assistant 2 to update the firmware. It looks like the computer is looking for internet connection at certain point but could not find it due to that MP wifi kicks in and it does not have internet for sure. So I decided to use the phone with 4G signal and DJI GO 4 to update the firmware (make sure wifi is turned off on your phone). Everything works like a charm later one. Good luck and remember that chicken rules this year:)

I had the same problem using dji assistant 2 to update the firmware. It looks like the computer is looking for internet connection at certain point but could not find it due to that MP wifi kicks in and it does not have internet for sure. So I decided to use the phone with 4G signal and DJI GO 4 to update the firmware (make sure wifi is turned off on your phone). Everything works like a charm later one. Good luck and remember that chicken rules this year:)

Of the dozens of methods I have tried, I don't think I've gone down this path. When you say turn off the wifi, do you mean completely? Just wifi off?

Do you upgrade in RC or WiFi mode on the bird?

Of the dozens of methods I have tried, I don't think I've gone down this path. When you say turn off the wifi, do you mean completely? Just wifi off?

Do you upgrade in RC or WiFi mode on the bird?
I upgraded it by using DJI GO4 through RC. The phone needs to be in 4G mode (wifi off). Follow the instructions on GO4. It should take no more than 15minutes to finish.

I upgraded it by using DJI GO4 through RC. The phone needs to be in 4G mode (wifi off). Follow the instructions on GO4. It should take no more than 15minutes to finish.
I'll give this a go.

Not sure if you saw my other posts, but I have attempted this upgrade so SO many times.

The log shows over 50 failures.

Hey am I missing something, but after I updated I no longer see tripod mode. Had it been renamed or loved or something?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hey am I missing something, but after I updated I no longer see tripod mode. Had it been renamed or loved or something?

I recall
After apps connected , press the RC icon on the left hand side, a table of flight modes come up.
Tripod mode is one of them.

Could it be that the multiple flightmode switch is off? Upper right, control icon!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

No, I'm familiar with all those settings. I've got quite a lot of flight time with my Mavic. Did two reboots and it magically showed up again. Very strange, but glad it came back! But thanks for the suggestions

Reactions: pitchmagic
After a few more flights with the update, here is what I'm noticing. Loss of distance. I mean signifigant. I had a nasty return to home at 5000 feet today and I was previously flying well over double that distance from the same location. Flew in some different areas and noticed weakened reception everywhere. When pressing full forward throttle from a hover, Mavic almost always just inches forward for a few seconds then the nose drops and it takes off. This has me very nervous. And finally I still can't get the green focus box off of the screen.

I have never had to turn wifi off during the upgrade. (iPhone 6)

Hey, I just had my first two flights with the new fw and all seems good!

However i cant connect with my ipad anymore? With .200 fw and Go app from January it worked? Tried 2 lightning cables. Go app says disconnected.. What have I forgot?

Have you thought about unplugging the cable from the top left on the remote. If that is plugged in although nothing is connected, the middle USB does not work....

Reactions: pitchmagic
Have you thought about unplugging the cable from the top left on the remote. If that is plugged in although nothing is connected, the middle USB does not work....

I didnt, its probably that. It was introduced with the latest fw i guess. Thanks!

Just fown 5 batteries on the new update with both DJI Go4 and Litchi using iPad Mini4

No flights problems at all (but I haven't tried long didtance yet) - However terrable image lag on Litchi after 5 mins or so. It got steadily worse over time (I've seen this reported somewhere).

Ended up resetting iPad, controller and Mavic. Seemed much bettered after that. Planned and ran a full waypont mission after that without the issue returning.

It gave me nasty scare as I was flying around trees and thought the drone had stopped responding until I looked at the map and found it was nowhere near the picture I was seeing!

So what's the verdict on the Dlog? Are you guys now using that or what other video mode?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+